What would a jury think?

PNWguy

If a guy was involved in a self-defense shooting, and it was a little questionable, and given the fear of the general American public of EBRs, would you really want a jury to see this as your firearm?

a4532956e564c7918cd6c8201fc31592.jpg

Adorning your firearm with the logo of a TV vigilante killer and a skull seems like a bad idea.  Even if you use a totally pedestrian revolver for self-defense, this rifle can be brought into evidence that the shooter was obsessed with death and vigilantism.  

7 hours ago, jmohme said:

The media would likely villinize you for using a black rifle anyway. The stupid scull theme would just give them more fuel.

To each their own, but I've never understood that whole "Look at what a badass I am" mentality.

Generally, it just gives the other guy a little time to plan and you just end up getting your ass kicked.

Might go either way.

If the shooting itself was questionable, then using a gun like that, with all of the "Punisher" logos on it, might very well be used to try to show that your state of mind might also be questionable.  It really depends on the judge and the jury as to the outcome.

If it wasn't the firearm used in the shooting and was properly stored, then I would expect that a good defense lawyer could get it suppressed as evidence.  Even if it was brought up, not being the firearm in the shooting could be used instead to show that you had much more dangerous looking firearms you could have used, but didn't. 

if it WAS the firearm used in a questionable shooting, and you have other similar firearms less scary looking, then I could see the possibility of using your scariest gun must be because you were expecting to shoot someone.

That rifle is begging to be noticed by a D.A. after the P.D. takes it as evidence.

Speaking of guns that have a bias....
Have a good friend that his everyday carry is a snub .500 S&W. County Sherriff told him he would be found guilty for any shoot, justified or not, simply because of the size of his pistol. How does that strike you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Alabusa said:

That rifle is begging to be noticed by a D.A. after the P.D. takes it as evidence.

Speaking of guns that have a bias....
Have a good friend that his everyday carry is a snub .500 S&W. County Sherriff told him he would be found guilty for any shoot, justified or not, simply because of the size of his pistol. How does that strike you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Sounds like a typical dumbass county sheriff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1