My cousin in Portland is a gun owner for the first time in his life.

Boogieman

On 8/6/2018 at 10:43 AM, F14Scott said:

Interesting scenario:

You're driving alone downtown when traffic stops. It's bumper to bumper and you become aware that the cars aren't moving with the light. Then you see the crowd, filtering toward you between the cars. They are dressed in black and have their faces covered with scarves or balaclavas. Some are wearing armor, and some carry bags and batons. They are angry and yelling.

As they reach your car, they pound on the hood, try the locked handle of your door, and stand outside your window, yelling and pounding on the glass.

On your hip is your CCW and extra mag (if you carry one).

For me, the tripwire would be the glass of the car. Until it breaks, they are outside and I am inside, and I'd rather let insurance handle the scratches to the paint. But, as soon as my cage is breached, it's go time. That's a hostile act, and my personal ROE says repel boarders, especially those in a mob. I've seen people beaten badly inside their cars through the window, unable to move to fend off the kicks and punches.

What would you do?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

As usual, the Airedale is spot on.  Bet you were a hell of a Tomcat driver.  Best wishes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2018 at 7:52 PM, Boogieman said:

The democrats blocked the intersection.  He had cars in front and back.  The democrats seem to be escalating their violence.  They have gone from just blocking traffic to damaging property.  He said that they opened cars with unlocked doors and terrorized the occupants.  It's only a matter of time until they start dragging people from their cars like BLM has done.

Always leave enough room to get out from between other cars, even if it mean taking the sidewalk.

• Like 3

On 8/6/2018 at 10:19 AM, MikeG36 said:

Congrats to him! You know, Thunder Ranch is in Oregon, hard to find a better place to train IMO. 

His vids on you tube are a hoot!  And they're very educational!  

I also had a short machete next to my seat in the car.  

An Air-Weight J- Frame doesn't eject evidence to be found later.  

Edited by Rellik
  • Like 1

On 8/5/2018 at 11:52 PM, Boogieman said:

The democrats blocked the intersection.  He had cars in front and back.  The democrats seem to be escalating their violence.  They have gone from just blocking traffic to damaging property.  He said that they opened cars with unlocked doors and terrorized the occupants.  It's only a matter of time until they start dragging people from their cars like BLM has done.

I'm really glad we don't have crap like that here in Georgia.  I bet the cops would make me fill out a buttload of paperwork after a situation like that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/6/2018 at 10:43 AM, F14Scott said:

Interesting scenario:

You're driving alone downtown when traffic stops. It's bumper to bumper and you become aware that the cars aren't moving with the light. Then you see the crowd, filtering toward you between the cars. They are dressed in black and have their faces covered with scarves or balaclavas. Some are wearing armor, and some carry bags and batons. They are angry and yelling.

As they reach your car, they pound on the hood, try the locked handle of your door, and stand outside your window, yelling and pounding on the glass.

On your hip is your CCW and extra mag (if you carry one).

For me, the tripwire would be the glass of the car. Until it breaks, they are outside and I am inside, and I'd rather let insurance handle the scratches to the paint. But, as soon as my cage is breached, it's go time. That's a hostile act, and my personal ROE says repel boarders, especially those in a mob. I've seen people beaten badly inside their cars through the window, unable to move to fend off the kicks and punches.

What would you do?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Here in Georgia lethal force is legal if someone is trying to carjack you.  From my perspective, if you've broken or are attempting to break the window of my car while I'm in it, that's a car jacking in progress.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was following my GPS to a Chinese restaurant in Toledo.

I was a mile, or half, from it,  and judging by the 'hood,  I had already decided that I wasn't going there.

So,  I'd take a right,  a right,  a right,  and a left and go back the way I came.  Right?

So I turned right.

Wrong call.  Totally.

I'm a half-block down,  and the kids are walking down the middle of the street.  Veeeeeerry slowly.  They aren't gonna move.

So now,  Here's Mr. Whitey!

Many surrounded my car,  at 2mph,  started hitting the windows and trunk.

I instantly decided I was not stopping. 

The kids in front didn't like that part.  At 3mph.  It was on!

They banged,  kicked,  threw cans, as I went through.

At the next intersection,  were more kids in the middle.  They had heard the ruckus and were waiting for me.

I still didn't stop.  They tend to get out of the way once they realize that.

More banging,  kicking, and throwing.  And a lot of yelling.

I took the right,  at an expedited speed,  bumped it up for the next right, and kept going.

I think I got mcdonalds that day.

So, you were Goose and not Maverick?  All these years I’ve thought otherwise. 
Correct.

Naval aviators (pilots) have single anchor wings. NFOs (naval flight officers: RIOs, BNs, WSOs, ECMOs, etc.) have double anchors, like my avatar.

I was originally selected for pilot training, but got the NAMI whammy when they detected my right eye is slightly astigmatic. A couple of months later, they needed NFOs, so I got the call.

1cd3a42077e95e37ce647db7e0b4dec4.jpg

If it jams, force it; if it breaks, it needed replacing, anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Huaco Kid said:

I was following my GPS to a Chinese restaurant in Toledo.

I was a mile, or half, from it,  and judging by the 'hood,  I had already decided that I wasn't going there.

So,  I'd take a right,  a right,  a right,  and a left and go back the way I came.  Right?

So I turned right.

Wrong call.  Totally.

I'm a half-block down,  and the kids are walking down the middle of the street.  Veeeeeerry slowly.  They aren't gonna move.

So now,  Here's Mr. Whitey!

Many surrounded my car,  at 2mph,  started hitting the windows and trunk.

I instantly decided I was not stopping. 

The kids in front didn't like that part.  At 3mph.  It was on!

They banged,  kicked,  threw cans, as I went through.

At the next intersection,  were more kids in the middle.  They had heard the ruckus and were waiting for me.

I still didn't stop.  They tend to get out of the way once they realize that.

More banging,  kicking, and throwing.  And a lot of yelling.

I took the right,  at an expedited speed,  bumped it up for the next right, and kept going.

I think I got mcdonalds that day.

My brother and I had an experience similar to that in Oakland. Paul turned off the main drag and was planning to take another right and a right to get back to the main drag a block from where we left. Only problem was there wasn't any where to turn for at least a half mile and we were getting deeper into the hood quickly. We weren't armed either. Finally found our place to make 2 rights and things started looking a little better. Meantime we were surrounded by thugs in puffy coats that we were sure they wore only to cover their armament since it was like 80 degrees out. 

• Sad 1

On 2/14/2020 at 7:00 AM, eruby said:

Did your cousin break the mirror himself by accident, or did they get inside the car?

Glad he is okay, and glad he is on the road to self protection.

Living in the People's Republic of Maryland, I'm unfamiliar this 'CCW' term. ?

I see 'Boogieman' hasn't been on since September 2018, so I guess I won't be getting an answer.

I am curious how the mirror got broken.

• Like 1