What branch did you serve in

7 minutes ago, janice6 said:

USNR two year active duty on Minesweeper (MSO) as radioman.  I maintained all my own equipment.  Amateur Radio for 5 years prior to service.  Nevery went to Boot Camp.

I would recommend active service to anyone!  I saw all the countries I read about in ancient Greek literature when in grade school.  Trip of a lifetime!

When I look at MOST of the 22,000 kids attending this Philly RAP concert I'm uplinking, I wonder how many of them would make it through basic training - of ANY service branch!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators
Just now, inthefrey said:

When I look at MOST of the 22,000 kids attending this Philly RAP concert I'm uplinking, I winder how many of them would make it through basic training - of ANY service branch!

Maybe they could lower the standards at the infiltration course. :whistling:

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, inthefrey said:

When I look at MOST of the 22,000 kids attending this Philly RAP concert I'm uplinking, I wonder how many of them would make it through basic training - of ANY service branch!

Good point...PROBABLY NONE

Bunch of us WISE ASS BROOKLYN (NY) kids joined the  Army reserves in 1956, got "activated" basic training in Ft Dix (Dec and Jan..bitter cold) clerk typist school.injured in an accident, Medically discharged in 1957...

The discipline of being in the Army, even for that short time is what is missing with most of today's YOUTS...(I still remember what those DRILL SARGENT'S were like...:S

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DAKA said:

Bunch of us WISE ASS BROOKLYN (NY) kids joined the  Army reserves in 1956, got "activated" basic training in Ft Dix (Dec and Jan..bitter cold) clerk typist school.injured in an accident, Medically discharged in 1957...

The discipline of being in the Army, even for that short time is what is missing with most of today's YOUTS...(I still remember what those DRILL SARGENT'S were like...:S

I'm going to go ahead and say it; this country should probably institute some type of military service commitment. Even if it's just a year, this experience could very well change the liberal direction of the country. However, current political climate respective, I don't think there is a politician alive that would suggest reinstituting the draft.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...