More evidence that U.S. health system is not being overwhelmed by COVID-19

gwalchmai

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

This is what has been driving me nuts and causing my disbelief in my posts about this virus!  The numbers don't make sense because no one knows what the real numbers are!

Since you don't know who has had the virus and gotten over it without any one knowing, you have no idea of how dangerous this bug is!

But in the meantime, we are destroying our economy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to extend my deepest appreciation to the forgotten, forsaken, unsung heroes in all this. Journalists.

They brave each day the blinding lights, the strewn-about cables, the stormy deadlines, and the horrifying make-up sessions to bring all of us their side of the story. Where we would be without them?

Ain't we lucky!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

I'd like to extend my deepest appreciation to the forgotten, forsaken, unsung heroes in all this. Journalists.

They brave each day the blinding lights, the strewn-about cables, the stormy deadlines, and the horrifying make-up sessions to bring all of us their side of the story. Where we would be without them?

Ain't we lucky!

:number1:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ricordo said:

A Mexican client told me this week that that is exactly what they are doing in Mexico. Tequila. Lots of it.

The slightly tepid spot in Mexico is Aguas Calientes.  They seem to be running out of tequila. It's an emergency. Doomsday. Apocalyptic in nature.

Would Boones Farm Strawberry Hill also work?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

5c35d0bc3770149b.jpg?1586061943

I'm astounded, aghast, by the incredible predictive powers of some people. Including Gaddafi. It's a pity that he couldn't predict his own death in a garden of roses surrounded by his dearest loved ones.

Recently, many predictors have come out of the shell to announce that they have also predicted the pandemic. One of those is Bill Gates. Yes, the same one who predicted the overwhelming success of Windows Vista.

As the story goes, it seems that in 2015 he predicted a pandemic. FOUR YEARS ago! It's almost unbelievable! What most people don't know is that the "s" in Gates stands for supernatural. The gate to the supernatural. Shocking, isn't it?

Not only did he predict the pandemic he actually stated the exact, correct, precise term for it---virus. And so did Gadddafi. Yeah, I know. It's almost too much to comprehend.

4 hours ago, johnbt said:

Not overwhelmed is a good thing. Otoh, the peak hasn't hit yet.

I hope it doesn't, but saying none of this is needed is reckless and foolish.

Certainly agree not overwhelmed is good.  Yes, we probably not hit the peak but questioning the overreaction is not foolish.  We should make reasonable preparations for the worst but this much of what is being done is useless and foolish.  Shut down the schools and then have the kids in twice a day for meals?  How does that help?  Wasting resources harassing people out in nature well away from others?  There is no need to infringe on peoples rights for this.

Japan has only shut down schools everything else is still going and they have some of the lowest numbers in the world.  Italy has done the harshest lock down and has the highest.  The effectiveness of quarantine is highly questionable, the economic and social effects are not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Our local hospital has sent employees home due to lack of patients.  The place looks deserted with no volunteers when you enter, and patient admit has one person there.  The parking lots are empty.  

If the idea of cancelling elective procedure originated from DC, then hospitals should get compensation.  

• Like 2