vietnam veteran and his last wish

ASH

I saw that.  It was poignant,  Dogs love unconditionally.  The Rat Terrier  we have is a small dog, but he is a love machine.  Most dogs are, unless they are abused.  What I found kind of sad, was the only visit was from his dog.  Vietnam vets are quickly beginning to approach the age that WWII Vets were.  My father is one, and I worry about him.  But, no matter how liberal and bad things get in NM, he doesn't want to move.  I worry about some of his decisions too.  He will go into his new Tacoma without any air conditioner on and read the manual.  I castigated him as it was pretty hot when he did that.  I said, turn the vehicle over, and turn on the air conditioner.  My mother agreed.  He said, it would waste gas.  The man has more money than I will probably ever see, so I wonder if it is the aging process.  He told me it would waste gas.  I told him, imagine the lifespan you have left, versus buying gas, which you will need to do when you drive it around anyway?  Knowing him, now that things are cooling off he is probably being stubborn and doing the same damn thing.  I wish he would come up so we can decide on a mutual place to live, so I can keep any eye on them as they age. He wants to go hunting, I can take him, so he can bag a deer, which he has wanted to his entire life.  He keeps trying to get drawn in NM, (it is a drawing), but got discouraged, that, with his age, and being a disabled vet, that the liberal State wouldn't draw him.  

I would love him to come to the freedom state, and I will make sure his dream comes true before he goes.  Hell, I will charter a fishing boat, and let him go fishing for bass, which he likes to do too.  I keep suggesting these things, and he says, well, I wish we could have done that together.  I guess he is set in his ways no matter how FUBARed they made the State.  The Governor of NM adopted AOC's energy bullshit, which will bankrupt the State and the people that live there when it takes effect.  The whole families at the range cannot shoot each other's guns.  The every 3 year CHL no matter how old you are, or if you are a disabled vet.  No disabled vet parking, but a complete sanctuary for illegals regardless how egregious their crimes.  I couldn't abide that world.  It would be like living inside a toilet. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ASH said:

I'm old, and my Yorkie is 19 years old also.

I can understand the veteran's affection for his dog.   Dogs seem to really care for their people.  They seem to display empathy.

In my case, it's a toss up as to which of us will see the other pass.  I can't think of an acceptable preference.

Dogs have a special place in our hearts and they seem to know it.  They've earned it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I say it at least once a week I have more anlmal friends then people  .and I like it that way . I reckon some folks think we are weird but I'm cool with that.we donate and volunteer at some no kill shelters. and also help with shutting down puppy mills. I've seen some awful things and I wish I had authority to double tap some people.  I've met alot of people running business and if they don't like pets then that convo ends lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Been a few years now... time has a way of slipping by...

My late boss and good friend, Korean War era vet, was taken by cancer. He had many family and friends visit, but one of his last - and maybe best visits - was when his wife and children brought his dog.

And I still miss him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 2