Damn, Found a Pistol I Forgot I Had

DrB

Looking through the vault removing some old pistol cases to store away.  Found a Colt case that seemed a little too heavy.  Inside a new never been out of the box Colt Defender in 9mm.  Hot Damn.....

Dave....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DrB said:

Looking through the vault removing some old pistol cases to store away.  Found a Colt case that seemed a little too heavy.  Inside a new never been out of the box Colt Defender in 9mm.  Hot Damn.....

Dave....

Christmas in June!

There is also a rifle from the CMP, when they packed them in the green bags because they were full of cosmoline.  It's a Springfield of some sorts.  I'll get to that later, it can wait..

Dave..

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DrB said:

There is also a rifle from the CMP, when they packed them in the green bags because they were full of cosmoline.  It's a Springfield of some sorts.  I'll get to that later, it can wait..

Dave..

I once found a used jacket I liked very much and in like new shape.  It had a small tear on the lining next to a zippered inside pocket.  I asked the clerk for a discount of $5 for the tear.  She was adamant that she would not drop the price.  I bought the jacket anyway.  In the zippered inside pocket I found $6.  I felt good. 

1 minute ago, janice6 said:

I once found a used jacket I liked very much and in like new shape.  It had a small tear on the lining next to a zippered inside pocket.  I asked the clerk for a discount of $5 for the tear.  She was adamant that she would not drop the price.  I bought the jacket anyway.  In the zippered inside pocket I found $6.  I felt good. 

Cool..  I found $10.00 in a pair of jeans I bought once at Goodwill.

Dave..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DrB said:

Dave....

So, it is it a shooter or a collectable (always to be in the box).  I'm not sure that I could resist shooting that. 

https://www.usacarry.com/colt-defender-9mm-1911-review/

This is a basic 1911 9mm, and I was impressed with its accuracy and its controllable recoil for a sub-compact 9mm.

Now that just sounds like it would be fun to shoot.

12 hours ago, minervadoe said:

So, it is it a shooter or a collectable (always to be in the box).  I'm not sure that I could resist shooting that. 

https://www.usacarry.com/colt-defender-9mm-1911-review/

Now that just sounds like it would be fun to shoot.

It will be shot much and carried a lot.  I Have a Defender in .45 I carry.  I'll have to get a picture of that up here because I have some questions on the sights. 

I am Old School.  I like Steel over Plastic, Hammer Fired vs Striker. That being said I do have one plastic pistol and some seem very nice when I handle in the store. 

Dave.

59 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

Which plastic gun do you own?

Glock 35 in .40.   If it was in 9mm I might like it a little better.

Here is the problem.  I am left handed, when I shot it the snappy recoil would bite my index finger and would, press/dump the magazine release, Magazine at my feet.  Rounded the corners.  Little better but still would still do the same at unexpected times.  Tried to like it but I could not trust it at all.  Going to sell it sometime when I get around to it.  Just not good for a Lefty like me.

Dave..

Edited by DrB

5 hours ago, DrB said:

Glock 35 in .40.   If it was in 9mm I might like it a little better.

Here is the problem.  I am left handed, when I shot it the snappy recoil would bite my index finger and would, press/dump the magazine release, Magazine at my feet.  Rounded the corners.  Little better but still would still do the same at unexpected times.  Tried to like it but I could not trust it at all.  Going to sell it sometime when I get around to it.  Just not good for a Lefty like me.

Dave..

There's just something about putting .40 S&W into (what is basically) a 9mm frame.  People complain about the recoil.

When I shoot .40 S&W in my Glock 29, it is actually a real pussycat to shoot.  I think it is due to the heavy slide in a large frame Glock.  ...  anyhow, I'm little and it's manageable (for what that's worth).

The weight of the Glock 29SF without magazine is 690 grams,

While the Glock 35 without magazine is 700 grams.

It's hard to draw conclusions based on anecdotal evidence from two different shooters, but you do hear people shooting .40 S&W out of the small frame Glocks complaining about snappiness. 

If you don't like it and you're not going to shoot it, you might do as your saying and sell it and get something that you do like shooting. 

Edited by minervadoe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, minervadoe said:

There's just something about putting .40 S&W into (what is basically) a 9mm frame.  People complain about the recoil.

When I shoot .40 S&W in my Glock 29, it is actually a real pussycat to shoot.  I think it is due to the heavy slide in a large frame Glock.  ...  anyhow, I'm little and it's manageable (for what that's worth).

The weight of the Glock 29SF without magazine is 690 grams,

While the Glock 35 without magazine is 700 grams.

It's hard to draw conclusions based on anecdotal evidence from two different shooters, but you do hear people shooting .40 S&W out of the small frame Glocks complaining about snappiness. 

If you don't like it and you're not going to shoot it, you might do as your saying and sell it and get something that you do like shooting. 

Thanks for the reply.  The issue of the mag. drop what was sealed it, being left handed and all.  A pistol if I have to shoot and the magazine is at my feet, when you gotta shoot.. shoot... If the magazine is at my feet that ain't gonna work.

Thought it may have made a nice house pistol, but that didn't work out.  Glad I found out that issue with me.

Dave.

Edited by DrB
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:46 PM, DrB said:

Dave....

I didn't know they made Defenders in 9mm.  I have a .45 version I had completely customized for my southpaw wife.