new joker movie

ASH

NYC this week. (I do not "heart" NY.)

Then to the Canadian border (I threw rocks at them last time.)

Then to northern S.Carolina,  but I don't need a chiwowwow.  Unless I can keep him in the old hamster cage.  He can run in the wheel all day.

Was reading that this movie is supposed to start a new company that will be doing movies based on DC characters but will NOT be part of the DC Extended Universe.  So there could be this Joker, and then there could be a totally different Joker in the DCEU.  From IMDB:

"The movie is meant to start a new company that will produce stand-alone DC movies."

"The film will reportedly feature a younger actor portraying the Joker and will be separate from the DC Extended Universe and be part of a new film label by DC Comics and Warner Bros. Ironically enough, Joaquin Phoenix is only three years younger than Jared Leto."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7286456/trivia?ref_=tt_ql_trv_1

No - THAT won't be confusing as hell......

9 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I'm anticipating the Suicide Squad II movie that is supposed to give Leto's Joker a large role.

Or this one:

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a858842/dc-joker-movie-with-jared-leto/

Leto played it so creepy and different,  that I thought he was magnificent.

Leto wasn't really in Suicide Squad enough to establish the character.  But something just seemed wrong about him.  The Joker is all about chaos and what he finds funny.  And his backstory is unknown.  As he said once "I prefer my past to be multiple choice."  He is also a genius - especially with chemicals.

Ledger's Joker will, IMO, never be beaten.

9 hours ago, AK_Stick said:

Eww. Hard pass

DC sucks balls at decent comic book movies. 

They need to go find a Brink's truck, and back it up to the guy who does the CGI for Marvel.  Because they are MUCH better.  DC's stuff just looks strange.

There is also (seemingly) more cohesion among the MCU - but DC is apparently trying to replicate that (aside from the whole "multiple Joker" thing above).

I think Marvel puts their characters in the "real world" better than DC also.

8 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

NYC this week. (I do not "heart" NY.)

Then to the Canadian border (I threw rocks at them last time.)

Then to northern S.Carolina,  but I don't need a chiwowwow.  Unless I can keep him in the old hamster cage.  He can run in the wheel all day.

253itw.jpg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

Leto wasn't really in Suicide Squad enough to establish the character.  But something just seemed wrong about him.  The Joker is all about chaos and what he finds funny.  And his backstory is unknown.  As he said once "I prefer my past to be multiple choice."  He is also a genius - especially with chemicals.

Ledger's Joker will, IMO, never be beaten.

They need to go find a Brink's truck, and back it up to the guy who does the CGI for Marvel.  Because they are MUCH better.  DC's stuff just looks strange.

There is also (seemingly) more cohesion among the MCU - but DC is apparently trying to replicate that (aside from the whole "multiple Joker" thing above).

I think Marvel puts their characters in the "real world" better than DC also.

They admitted that the Joker was just a bit-part in SS.  They said the second movie will feature him.

He came off as pretty chaotic,  I think.  I just started watching the Gotham series (which is pretty cool),  which explains the backgrounds of everyone,  but I guess I haven't gotten to the JOker yet.

He just came off so creepy and dangerous.  A loose cannon,  as he should be.  I liked it.

Ledger's Joker will never be beat.