Police arrest man because he made youtube videos

Silentpoet

One of the Rankin County deputies then approaches the car and asks Rogel why he was driving so fast, to which he replies “I haven’t been driving fast.”

When the officers notice he’s still feeding live video, he tells them “I get paid to be on YouTube.”  “I video every day of my life. I video when I take a s**t, too.”

Police later reviewed the video and several other social media posts that showed Rogel in possession of weapons, and discovered that he had several felonies on his record. Based on the evidence, investigators were able to get a search warrant for his home.

When they arrived at the house, Rogel’s wife allegedly tried to stop them from executing the warrant and was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.  Rogel soon arrived at the scene and was taken into custody without incident.

Edited by PATCHMAN
  • Like 2

What.

An.

Idiot.

It's well-known in the car-enthusiast community, you never video yourself breaking driving laws, much less live-stream or post them to YT. Police can and so watch those videos, then they have all the evidence they need to book you a nice stay in the hoosegow.

There is still the occasional YouTuber that will do it, and they get roasted in the comments and the video usually disappears or gets edited.

I'm considering doing a video of my drive into work, just to show friends and family what D.C. traffic is like. I'd certainly not do 100+MPH over the speed limit doing so.

Edited by M&P15T