Trump calls on Omar to resign over remarks condemned as anti-Semitic

minervadoe

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/429609-trump-calls-on-omar-to-resign-over-remarks-condemned-as-anti-semitic

President Trump on Tuesday called on Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) to resign or be barred from serving on congressional committees as punishment for her remarks on Israel that were criticized as anti-Semitic.

Anti-Semitism has no place in the United States Congress,” Trump said during a Cabinet meeting at the White House. “And I think she should either resign from Congress or she should certainly resign from the House Foreign Affairs Committee.”

Omar, a Somali-born refugee who resettled in the U.S. in the mid-1990s, has long faced charges of anti-Semitism.

“Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel,” she tweeted in 2012, before she was a member of Congress.

Edited by minervadoe
  • Sad 1

Only MN elects the weird ones.  I guess this time, they thought electing a Hamas terrorist would be fun.  It would be in her best interests not to come to my area of Texas.  She needs to hide under a rock in MN.  I suspect, not to create tensions between Israel and the United States, when she is out office, as she will be out of office, (because she has already hung herself by her own petard), there will be a slight waiting period and she will get a little visit from the Massad, which will appear to be natural causes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

She also called for USA Powerlifting to allow transgendered lifters in the women's division.  So effectively USAPL is saying you can't be a man and compete against women.

And somehow this is a problem....... ?

It's an odd position, and one I don't really believe she truly supports.    Muslim's don't accept people that are out of the ordinary, an example is killing homosexuals, and those of other faiths, along with changing from the Muslim religion to any other.  Her statement doesn't seem to be supported by her beliefs.  I think it's just a political ploy.

Edited by janice6

19 minutes ago, janice6 said:

It's an odd position, and one I don't really believe she truly supports.    Muslim's don't accept people that are out of the ordinary, an example is killing homosexuals, and those of other faiths, along with changing from the Muslim religion to any other.  Her statement doesn't seem to be supported by her beliefs.  I think it's just a political ploy.

It's hard to know.  People often twist their religious beliefs to fit their personal beliefs.  

I think she just has no idea what the **** she is talking about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moshe said:

Only MN elects the weird ones.  I guess this time, they thought electing a Hamas terrorist would be fun.  It would be in her best interests not to come to my area of Texas.  She needs to hide under a rock in MN.  I suspect, not to create tensions between Israel and the United States, when she is out office, as she will be out of office, (because she has already hung herself by her own petard), there will be a slight waiting period and she will get a little visit from the Massad, which will appear to be natural causes.

Maybe we should sell Minnesota back to the Canadians.  

Sorry, TBO.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:15 PM, Mrs.Cicero said:

Send her nasty ass back to Somalia.  Why the heck did we let her in here in the first place?

No worries, she will make her way to Palestine and join Hamas as a retirement program.  Though, I suspect that retirement doesn't come with any benefits this side of being wrapped in a sheet and dumped in an unmarked grave as Islam does to all their fallen women.