Trump denies Pelosi aircraft for foreign trip, after call for State of the Union delay

pipedreams

Boy, that will make the ole girl moody.

"President Trump on Thursday abruptly denied military aircraft to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for a foreign trip just minutes before the congressional delegation was set to depart, in a stunning decision that followed her call to delay the State of the Union address amid the government shutdown.

In a curt letter, Trump said her trip has been “postponed.”

“Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate,” Trump wrote."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-denies-pelosi-aircraft-for-foreign-trip-in-response-to-call-for-state-of-the-union-delay

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, ModGlock17 said:

That's MY President.

I will vote for him again in 2020.  Neither Bush, nor Romney (and certainly not McCain) have this kind of BALL. 

After decades of Spineless Republicans caving to every whim and wish of the democrats, they have finally met their match.

They have absolutely no idea who they are dealing with.

MAGA Mr President and stomp the left into oblivion.

• Like 1

Well, she wanted to play hard ball and demand her Air Force private flight.  The Command-In-Chief runs the military.  If she wants to go someplace she can stop playing John Sununu, and book a private jet herself and sit her arrogant ass among the plebs in First Class she finds so distasteful.

POTUS , from Article II, Section 3...

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

He can give the SOTU from the House of Representatives Chamber, The Senate Chamber or the White House dining room if he chooses to.  Nancy Pelosi has NO say in it at all