Most controversial firearm?

PNWguy

Most hated firearm:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most controversial or hated firearm in the firearm enthusiasts community?

• Glocks
    • Hi-Points
    • Sig P365
    • AR rifles(my old man despises them)
    • Mini-14
    • Remington R-51

Wanted to post this in the General firearms section, but work computer blocks that forum.  Weird.  Only one on this site I can't visit while at work...  Anyhoo, this is sort of a Glock thread because I was on another firearms site and a gentleman was showing off his new Glock 45 (the model, not the caliber) and there were a bunch of negative posts and attacks on the pistol.  Someone else chimed in that it seemed like Glocks drew the most controversial and negative comments.

That got me to thinking about what are the most controversial and despised guns in the firearms community.  So I have prepared a list.  Mods feel free to move this to the more appropriate forum.

Again, which firearms are the most hated, controversial, and that the mere mention of them causes consternation?

Edited by PNWguy

On 11/4/2018 at 6:38 PM, Alabusa said:

Ugly yes but not junk. They even work after being shot in the slide.
I have owned 4 and never had an issue with any of them.
How many have you owned?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

My brother had one, which he had a lot of issues with.  Customer service helped him out, no complaints there.  He tried to compare it to a Beretta CX4 Storm.  He lost.

Wanted to post this in the General firearms section, but work computer blocks that forum.  Weird.  Only one on this site I can't visit while at work...  Anyhoo, this is sort of a Glock thread because I was on another firearms site and a gentleman was showing off his new Glock 45 (the model, not the caliber) and there were a bunch of negative posts and attacks on the pistol.  Someone else chimed in that it seemed like Glocks drew the most controversial and negative comments.
That got me to thinking about what are the most controversial and despised guns in the firearms community.  So I have prepared a list.  Mods feel free to move this to the more appropriate forum.
Again, which firearms are the most hated, controversial, and that the mere mention of them causes consternation?

Today the AR 15. Great firearm.
But just the term. AR does not stand for Assault Rifle is stands for Armalite Rifle. Yes Armalite the company who invented it for our troops during the Vietnam War. Not to mention, the most popular Semi automatic rifle among firearm enthusiasts today, myself included.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk