are you cold natured or hot natured ?

ASH

I live in Illinois. It can get hot as hell here with high humidity and feel like temps of 105. And it can get very cold here too. Feel like temps as low as 80 below if I remember right.

I work outside too. Have most of my life. I’ve fought many fires with actual temps below zero and near 100. Both suck. Hottest place I’ve ever worked was 115. Mogadishu Somalia.

As I am getting older(48), it gets harder every year. Not just the weather, but what it does to you. The extreme temps make ya hurt worse and they make you more tired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I despise the cold.  It hurts, and it saps away all my motivation and my will to live.

If it is below 76 F and I'm not working up a sweat, then I generally have a coat on--or at least long sleeves.  

Heat is aggravating, but I can deal with it.  Even when I dress for the cold, I am still miserable.  Dressing for it is not much escape until I'm so claustrophobic and hot that I have to take the layers off.

Oddly, though, I haven't had a problem with the cold the past two weeks in Tokyo even though almost everyone here has been bundled up.  It has been in the mid 60s to low 70s F (they would state it in more civilized units), but with a t-shirt and my day pack on my back I have been pretty warm for the most part--and sweating up a storm when I haven't felt cold.  That's with a lot of walking that keeps my body temperature up, but no different from the Japanese folks passing me in overcoats.

Edited by JTMac

I work outdoors almost Seventy hours per week. For Eleven hours a day I’m outside, never going inside. I much prefer colder weather. When it’s cold you can always put more clothes on. When it’s hot you’re just screwed. I would rather it be 32 degrees and windy than 80 degrees and humid.

• Like 1