Tac14

Smith10

22 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

So long as you don't add a recoil pad it's not considered a stock.

Really?  My SKB shotgun doesn't have a recoil pad, but has a LOP of 14.5.  That's not a stock?  BTW, I'm glad he can buy it, definitely not objecting, just curious as to how it's legal.

8 minutes ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

Really?  My SKB shotgun doesn't have a recoil pad, but has a LOP of 14.5.  That's not a stock?  BTW, I'm glad he can buy it, definitely not objecting, just curious as to how it's legal.

Only if it can be used as a brace.  And it only matters if the barrel is under 18".

So is a pistol grip and a "Brace" available for the Mossberg? I'd much prefer a Mossberg to a Freedom Arms Remington.   I guess there is, but I'd prefer that it came from the factory with it so there's no question about the legality of the modification.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 11:17 AM, Wyzz Kydd said:

I'm surprised they can get that stock past the NFA restrictions.  It looks like it was intended to be fired from the shoulder to me.

It's a pistol brace not a stock.  That's how it's done for AR pistols as well when you don't want to spend $200.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi Folks!

A recent search for ANYTHING TAC-14 "DM" has indicated that Remington has stopped producing this "firearm" - brick wall.

I was considering modifying the "DM" to be a tube feed and just keep the magazine parts for posterity.

A search for this has hit another brick wall.

Any assistance with this would be genuinely appreciated.

Thanks!

(John) inthefrey