• Replies 113.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

Jury Finds Democrat Super PAC Defamed Roy Moore and Awards Him $8.2 Million in Damages for the injury to his reputation on Friday.
The focus of Moore’s lawsuit against the D.C.-based Senate Majority PAC was an ad they ran during his Senate campaign against former Sen. Doug Jones (D-AL) in Alabama’s 2017 special election.
Moore’s candidacy in Alabama was derailed after the Washington Post published a report claiming Moore made sexual advances against four teenage girls between 1977 and 1982.
As the Associated Press reported:
The lawsuit centered on one television commercial that recounted accusations against Moore in various news articles. Moore’s attorneys argued the ad, through the juxtaposition of statements, falsely claimed he solicited sex from young girls at a shopping mall, including another 14-year-old who was working as a Santa’s helper, and that resulted in him being banned from the mall.
The advertisement at issue in the lawsuit began with: “What do people who know Roy Moore say?” It followed with the statements “Moore was actually banned from the Gadsden mall … for soliciting sex from young girls” and “One he approached was 14 and working as Santa’s helper.” Both quotes cited various news articles.
“In their ad they strung quotes together to make a single statement. That’s what the jury found offensive. They got up and lied and said they didn’t intend that,” Moore’s attorney Jeff Wittenbrink said.
No criminal charges were filed against Moore, who formerly served as Alabama Supreme Court chief justice.
Moore maintained his innocence and staunchly denied the accusations when the Washington Post’s report came out.
“This garbage is the very definition of fake news and intentional defamation,” Moore said at the time.
Moore praised Friday’s jury decision as “vindication” and said it is “a huge blow” to the Senate Majority PAC.
“This is a huge blow to a major super PAC out of Washington DC that interfered in a senate election in the state of Alabama,” Moore said. “The people of this state are tired of dirty politics and attempts by the establishment in Washington DC to control who the people of this state elect to the United States Senate.”
“The verdict by this jury of regular people of the state of Alabama represents a great legal victory over those will say and do anything to capture an election, including dragging the name of a good man through the mud to destroy a hard-earned reputation,” Wittenbrink said.
“The facts of this case were so egregious that the jury quickly found actual malice against the Senate majority super PAC,” Wittenbrink added.
An attorney representing the Senate Majority PAC said the committee plans to appeal the jury’s verdict.
“We do not think this verdict is the right decision, but we believe the facts are clear and this ruling will be overturned on appeal,” attorney Ben Stafford said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/13/jury-finds-democrat-super-pac-defamed-roy-moore-awards-him-8-2-million-damages/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There Isn’t One EV That Would Qualify For Biden’s Tax Credit.
The legislation passed by the Senate over the weekend represents the biggest federal investment in clean energy in history, reports NPR. If adopted by the House later this week, it should bring the US "within shouting distance" of President Biden's plan to cut greenhouse gas emissions in half by 2030, when compared to 2005 levels, per Axios. Part of the $369 billion investment in climate and energy programs involves tax credits to help people buy electric vehicles, notes the Wall Street Journal. But on that front, a new issue has emerged:

▪    American-made: The legislation has strict language on which EVs would qualify for a tax credit, stipulating that they must be made with American parts and minerals, or sourced from nations with free-trade deals with the US. For example, the credit won’t fly if any battery components come from an “entity of concern” by 2024. The idea is for the US to wean itself from supply chains now controlled by China, per E&E Daily.
    ▪    The problem: The goal may be laudable, but the US supply chain in regard to such materials “is in its infancy,” notes Politico. The language is so strict that not a single electric vehicle on the US market would currently qualify for a full subsidy.
    ▪    Warning, I: “Americans who would otherwise receive the credit today (say, the family test driving a car this weekend and on the fence about whether to make the switch to an EV) will no longer be able to take advantage of this financial incentive to purchase an EV,” warns the industry group Alliance for Automotive Innovation. “The $7500 credit might exist on paper, but no vehicles will qualify for this purchase incentive over the next few years.”
    ▪    Warning, II: The alliance represents GM, Toyota, and Volkswagen, notes Reuters, and it sees the new rules as a “major setback” toward the goal of having up to half of vehicle sales by 2030 be of the electric variety. The group counts 72 EV models currently on the market, and it says 70% would immediately become ineligible for even a partial tax break.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

'Now, the Gloves Are Off': Christina Pushaw Resigns as DeSantis' Press Secretary.“Now, the gloves are off,” she said on Twitter.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’s firebrand Press Secretary Christina Pushaw has resigned her position.
“It has been a great honor to serve the people of Florida under the leadership of Governor Ron DeSantis and his administration,” she said in her resignation letter to James Uthmeier, DeSantis’s chief of staff, and Dawn Hanson, director of administration. “This letter is to officially inform you that I am resigning from my position as Press Secretary for the Executive Office of the Governor, effective August 12, 2022.”
Pushaw has earned notoriety for being hard-hitting against the governor’s critics, particularly on social media, and debunking false narratives in the media, like the misinformation about Florida’s Parental Rights in Education bill.
“Before Governor DeSantis signed this into law, there was a full-court press from the media trying to smear and demonize proponents of the bill as ‘hateful, bigoted, homophobic,’ and many other false and hurtful epithets,” Pushaw told PJ Media in an exclusive interview last month. “Due to the corporate media narrative, many Americans incorrectly believed that the bill targeted gay parents. Simply reading the text of the legislation would have dispelled this misconception.”
Don’t fret, because Pushaw isn’t going too far. She’ll be joining Ron DeSantis’s reelection campaign to serve as director of Rapid Response.
“Now, the gloves are off,” she said on Twitter.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2022/08/12/now-the-gloves-are-off-christina-pushaw-resigns-as-desantis-press-secretary-n1620507

• Thanks 2

Liz Cheney Just Got the Premium Endorsement She Needs (Try Not to Laugh Too Hard)
As we’ve reported, Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) is in deep trouble in her primary on August 16. She’s 30 points behind her Trump-endorsed challenger, Harriet Hageman. She’s about to get wiped out by historic proportions, by all accounts.
But she does have some Democrats coming out trying to cover her action. She just got an endorsement that’s sure to put her over the top now, disgraced former Democratic senator Al Franken.
I’ll leave the door open to the possibility that this is an attempt at comedy since that’s what Franken is allegedly doing now, since the groping scandal and leaving the Senate. An endorsement from Franken not going to help Cheney. If it had any effect at all, it would make any remaining person on the fence in Wyoming race over to Hageman. But it’s like adding one more thing on the list of why not to vote for Cheney.
Cheney’s Democratic buddies are already trying to pull out an excuse for her loss, but more to try to taint Republicans. It’s because of the threats that she couldn’t campaign, according to Democratic operative David Axelrod.
Is that her excuse for ignoring Republican town halls and events for the last two years? Some representative.
But here she is at an event with 10s of people, so so much for Axelrod’s claim. It’s just about trying to demonize Republicans. But the picture itself is hilarious and pretty much says it all for how many people she draws for anything. Look at the body language, how bored and uninterested those people are.
The guy scratching his beard is great, the two young guys in the checked shirts look like they’d rather be anywhere else.
This is a tweet that she’s putting out and that’s the best she can do to promote herself? The attendance is sad and the attitude is sadder than that.
But this is where she’s at, at his point. And Franken, notwithstanding, she’s about to be shown the door on Tuesday.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/08/13/liz-cheney-just-got-the-endorsement-she-needs-try-not-to-laugh-too-hard-n611811

• Haha 1

Trump Calls FBI Raid ‘Another Form of Election Cheating’

"Former President Donald Trump said the FBI raid on his Mar-a-Lago home in Florida was politically motivated, and that the Democrats had been known for using the Department of Justice to sling mud at Republicans.

“The RAID was Politics, the Midterm Elections, and 2024. It’s another form of Election CHEATING—That’s all the Radical Left Democrats know what to do. They use the FBI & DOJ to try and dirty up their opponents, but the people of our Country are wise to them like never before. Be careful what you wish for!” Trump wrote in a statement on his Truth Social platform on Aug. 13."

https://www.theepochtimes.com/trump-calls-fbi-raid-another-form-of-election-cheating_4663503.html

"“NOW THEY RAID MY HOME, ban my lawyers and, without any witnesses allowed, break the lock that they asked us to install on the storage area that we showed them early on, which held papers that they could have had months ago for the asking,” Trump added.

“The whole World was watching as the FBI rummaged through the house, including the former First Lady’s closets (and clothing!), alone and unchecked,” Trump continued. “They even demanded that the security cameras be turned off (we refused), but there was no way of knowing if what they took was legitimate, or was there a ‘plant?’ This was, after all, the FBI!”"

• Thanks 4

Eco terrorism

The tree removal seems especially ironic given that world leaders supposedly agreed to end deforestation by 2030 at the recent COP26 climate summit in Glasgow, Scotland.

0ce29acff12fedd2.jpeg

https://www.cfact.org/2021/11/22/scotland-cut-down-14-million-trees-to-make-way-for-wind-power/

https://energynewsbeat.co/scotland-cut-down-14-million-trees-to-make-way-for-wind-turbines/

• Sad 3

FBI report confirms Alec Baldwin pulled the trigger in fatal ‘Rust’ set shooting.
The feds have all but concluded actor Alec Baldwin must have fired the weapon on the set of the movie “Rust” that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, according to a bombshell report.
According to an FBI forensic report obtained by ABC News, the gun delivering the fatal bullet in the Oct. 21 shooting on the New Mexico set “could not be made to fire without a pull of the trigger.”
Baldwin, the star and producer of the Western film, claimed he believed he was handling a “cold gun” without live ammunition when it went off and a live bullet hit Hutchins, killing her. The film’s director, Joel Souza, was wounded in the incident.
In an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos last December, Baldwin insisted he didn’t fire the weapon.
“The trigger wasn’t pulled,” he said. “I didn’t pull the trigger.”
The Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office, which is heading the homicide investigation, received the report and other FBI documents related to the shooting earlier this month, the sheriff’s office told ABC News.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/13/fbi-confirms-alec-baldwin-pulled-trigger-in-fatal-rust-shooting/

• Like 2

On Aug. 7, President Biden tweeted about the murders of 4 Muslim men, suggesting that they represented some sort of hate crime committed against Muslims.
“I am angered and saddened by the horrific killings of four Muslim men in Albuquerque. While we await a full investigation, my prayers are with the victims’ families, and my Administration stands strongly with the Muslim community. These hateful attacks have no place in America,” tweeted Biden.
The suspect the media labeled a ‘serial killer’ of Muslim men in Albuquerque has been identified as 51-year-old Afghan migrant Muhammad Syed.
Now wait for the story to disappear completely.
And with much of the media no doubt waiting with sick anticipation for the killer to be revealed as a white man, they’re probably crestfallen by the revelation of the actual culprit.
Indeed, tweets by major media outlets refused to name the suspect, with CNN merely calling him a “51-year-old man.”After police in Albuquerque received tips from the Muslim community about the suspect, officials announced that Muhammad Syed had been taken into custody.
Syed, a Sunni Muslim, reportedly targeted the victims because he was angry over his daughter marrying a Shiite Muslim.
“The White House and media was praying for the killer to be a white vigilante so they could advance their “white extremist” narrative,” comments Chris Menahan.
“Instead, it appears this is just another one of many interpersonal ethnic conflicts we’ve imported into our country in order to “make it stronger.”
“Is Biden going to travel to Albuquerque to condemn “Muslim extremists” like he did with the “white extremist” shooting in Buffalo or is this another visit he’s going to skip like we saw with Waukesha?”

https://summit.news/2022/08/10/serial-killer-of-muslim-men-identified-as-51-year-old-afghan-migrant/

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

mrz081422dAPR20220812044505.jpg

I love Ramirez cartoons, BUT, I don't understand this one. Is Ramirez saying that "Cheney" is pointing towards the "Truth" because we all know that she (and her father) are full of ****. I think he meant to write 'Republicans' on the elephant instead of Cheney. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I love Ramirez cartoons, BUT, I don't understand this one. Is Ramirez saying that "Cheney" is pointing towards the "Truth" because we all know that she (and her father) are full of ****. I think he meant to write 'Republicans' on the elephant instead of Cheney. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I didn't get it either.  :headscratch: