"Show Reply

jmohme

21 hours ago, jmohme said:

Several times a day, I will get a window at the bottom of my screen that says  _____ has replied  Show Reply

When I click on Show Reply, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 9.01.21 AM.png

Not sure the issue that you are having. When I click the Show Reply link it takes me directly to the reply.

1 hour ago, KBKEITH said:

Not sure the issue that you are having. When I click the Show Reply link it takes me directly to the reply.

That is what I thought should happen, but it does not. 

I am wondering if it has something to do with me using Safari as my browser?

15 minutes ago, jmohme said:

I'm using Safari as well. What I did for a different issue was enable pop ups in Safari's settings. It may or may not help you but worth a shot.

14 hours ago, jmohme said:

Enabling pop ups did not do it.

Its not a big deal. It just bothers me when things don't work like I think they should.

Well that sucks. I'm sorry it didn't fix your issue. I am sure it will eventually get figured out.

20 hours ago, jmohme said:

Could be.  Works with Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Just now, KBKEITH said:

I'm not having the same issue and I am using Safari on my iPhone, iPad and iMac. :dunno:

Just got your notification, clicked on show reply, and it brought me here.  Maybe J is running an older version?  Maybe he has popups blocked?

No, enabling pop ups did not do it, but it really is not a big deal. I still see the number in red at the top of the screen on the notifications tab. That part works fine, just the pop up window with the link does not work.

I just checked and I am definitely running an older version of Safari on this computer. I need to find out what is going on there because I am usually good about keeping up with software updates.

So, this is odd. 

I checked my Macbook Pro and it has the latest version of Safari. Popups are not blocked and I don't see the notifications at the bottom of the screen at all on it.

I think I'll just ignore it and see replies the old fashioned way.

• Administrators

Ok, for what it's worth, this feature is working properly. The link isn't designed to take you anywhere. If someone posts to a thread while you are viewing it, that notice pops up. If you click on it, it loads the new message to the bottom of the thread, but leaves you wherever you were on the thread, to keep reading. The XenForo and vBulletin 5 software have similar features.