BREAKING: US Army’s Subgun Search Resumes!

Borg warner

I'd like to see GLOCK submit an entry and then release a semi-auto civilian version with a 16 inch barrel as a pistol caliber carbine.  It should be modular and be able to accept 9mm, 357 Sig, 40 S&W. 10mm, and 45 ACP upper barrel assemblies. And I'd like to see them make it along the lines of the Brügger & Thomet MP9 only with more distinctive squared-off typically Glock-looking styling and it should have a collapsible stock similar to an HK93 and be very compact.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/07/27/breaking-us-armys-subgun-search-resumes/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2018-07-28&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

Edited by Borg warner

For cripes sake, it took Glock almost 30 years before they used OD green. Their heads would collectively explode even thinking about developing this type of gun.

The B&T APC is already available and chambered ln 9mm, 45acp, .223/.556, .300 BLK and .308 Win. I love my 9mm gun.

38978865692_2217c32c29_h.jpg

Edited by willieH
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, willieH said:

For cripes sake, it took Glock almost 30 years before they used OD green. Their heads would collectively explode even thinking about developing this type of gun.

The B&T APC is already available and chambered ln 9mm, 45acp, .223/.556, .300 BLK and .308 Win. I love my 9mm gun.

38978865692_2217c32c29_h.jpg

I like the looks of the B&T MP9 better. it's more compact but is likely 9mm only. a 45 caliber version would be nice as well as a semi-auto PCC carbine version with a 16 inch barrel.

There may be hope for Glock someday after Gaston kicks the bucket if someone takes over the operation of Glock USA who understands the wants and needs of the gun buying public in the USA

guntitled.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crockett said:

Naw. Mac 10 will do the job just fine.

latest?cb=20140325233701

Glock should make their own version of the mac 10 in 9mm, 357 Sig, 40. 10mm, and 45 ACP and then Glock would have to make FACTORY extended mags in 40, 10mm and 45 which could also be  used in all Glock handguns.

GlockMAC-10.jpg

Edited by Borg warner
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2018 at 6:41 PM, Borg warner said:

Glock should make their own version of the mac 10 in 9mm, 357 Sig, 40. 10mm, and 45 ACP and then Glock would have to make FACTORY extended mags in 40, 10mm and 45 which could also be  used in all Glock handguns.

GlockMAC-10.jpg

If Glock made Hi Points lol

• 4 weeks later...

If it's for the military, it better use a caliber that is able to defeat personal armored vests to be useful.  Vests are getting more common every day.  Even the ME bad guys are using them now.  If not, then there will have to be "armor" piercing rounds developed in common cartridges.

HK mp 5.  Some of the most fun I've had with my clothes on.

That being said be careful of pistol transitions that you don't go from stud to dud when the magazine smacks you in the groinacockus. Lay it down carefully across your chest.

Not sure what's worse the pain or shame. The shame I guess.

Edited by Historian

Why exactly are we looking at pistol caliber sub machine guns at this point?

The 75 & 77 grain ammo is more effective than ever, and the 10.5” guns are running reliably. 

What is the advantage of a 9mm sub these days?  Especially from a military standpoint 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Collim1 said:

Why exactly are we looking at pistol caliber sub machine guns at this point?

The 75 & 77 grain ammo is more effective than ever, and the 10.5” guns are running reliably. 

What is the advantage of a 9mm sub these days?  Especially from a military standpoint 

Only advantage I can think is it’s a helluva lot quieter than 5.56 coming out of a 10.5” barrel.  

• Like 1

My answer would be an AR patterned SBR in 9mm.  Retains all of the manual of arms of the M-4 in a smaller platform if it is required (I am thinking like the Sig MPX) and accept glock mags with last round hold open.  I have no reason for why the military needs it, but it is what I want (suppressed as well please).

Basically a short barreled version of this: https://angstadtarms.com/product/udp-9-rifle/

Which is interesting because they sell one with an integral suppressor that is SBR (2 stamp gun) but I don't see the normal rifle available that way