Civil liberties and deflection

The psychological mechanism of deflection as it relates to politics is being perfected. In simple terms it refers "playing the innocent". Or the Spanish version of "throwing a stone and hiding the hand".

Anyone who has been involved in politics, be it mid-to-high level, is well aware of its implications. And its implications don't stop there, they flow down to the individual level. Which could be a simple example of someone being interrogated for wrongdoing, civil or criminally liability implied, and that individual strives to deflect the questioning by bringing up subject matter that in his mind will turn the focus of attention to another. Quite common scenario out there in the world where responsibility for an action is desired to be avoided.

It is intrinsically a social issue in its truest form in that lying is then both a means and an end. Fortunately, only a very small percentage of individuals can be categorized as "good liars". Imagine a world where the opposite is the norm.

More and more I've become convinced that the Russia-collusion thing is the latest and most glaring example of deflection, on a grand scale. It has been carefully and meticulously orchestrated from its inception. It has not happened by chance. And all the players are in it from its inception.

Its simplicity is staggering. Collude with "Russians" and then blame your opponent in a political struggle. Enlist the help of global media and spread continuously its dogma. Repeat until the substance of the argument is ingrained in the masses. It is only then that catch phrases like "insurance policy" and "let's throw away the constitution and install a president" make sense.

Your civil liberties are at stake. Imagine a world where deflection is the norm. What would be the social issues then?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And to be more explicit.

Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff, Brennan, among many others--- the loudest voices in all the carnivalic spectrum, are all in it from its inception. Not by chance or sleight of hand--- by and through a conscious effort.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

And there you have it... http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/21/doj-releases-carter-page-fisa-docs.html

"The Department of Justice has released documents relating to a FISA warrant against Carter Page, a former campaign adviser to then-candidate Donald Trump. Though heavily redacted, the documents show that the infamous Steele Dossier was a major component of the 2016 surveillance warrant. The dossier was also a major component in subsequent renewals..."

Start kissing away your right to expression, to vote, to peaceably assemble and others that might not be agreeable with your opponent's belief's.

It's straight out of the SVR's cookbook.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The more I think about it the harder I laugh. Because it's a classic double arm's length deal.

The Dems hire Steele. Steele hires "Russians". If things go south, the Dems can always say, "We had no idea it came from the "Russians", we had no control over what Steele would do."

And then start the carnival...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'd like to see Pelosi, Schiff, Schumer, Schaff, Brennan, Schuff---all the loudest voices,  do a Meryl Streep if and when they are asked "When did you first had knowledge of the procurement of the Steele dossier?".

It's expected that they all would answer, "I had no idea that was happening". Meryl Streep would be so proud...

• 1 year later...
On 7/24/2018 at 11:38 AM, janice6 said:

Reminds me of a fight I broke up between two of my daughters when they were young.

The one claimed that the other started it, when "She hit me back first!".

I hope you nipped that line of thinking in the bud.  My sister thinks like that Into adulthood, along with my wife thinks like that too.  She calls me an a-hole for straightening out her twisted logic.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kenobi said:

I hope you nipped that line of thinking in the bud.  My sister thinks like that Into adulthood, along with my wife thinks like that too.  She calls me an a-hole for straightening out her twisted logic.  

NO.  I couldn't leave that kind of reasoning alone.  When it came down to it, I asked why one would keep pestering the other one. 

The excuse that finally came out, is one that liberals also use. It's, "Because I can!".  We talked about that and it came to a halt.  Just like liberals are going to get a "serious talk" before too long!

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, Cheygriz said:

My question is who do you trust least???

Putin, or "The Great Whore of Arkansas?"

I know what Putin wants.  I don't know what Hillary wants.  The devil you know is often less evil than the Devil you don't know!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi

I could not find the introduction thread, so maybe someone directs me there. Left a certain forum now owned by a politically correct Canadian corporation. (This may sound familiar to the founder of this forum.)

A firearm enthusiast and a somewhat competitive shooter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, uZi said:

Hi

I could not find the introduction thread, so maybe someone directs me there. Left a certain forum now owned by a politically correct Canadian corporation. (This may sound familiar to the founder of this forum.)

A firearm enthusiast and a somewhat competitive shooter. 

Welcome home!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Remembered what happened almost 40 years ago.

I was assigned to find out the "inner workings" of a Witness Protection Program. Given a location of the main office and nothing else. No layout of the building/office, workers there, security profile. Zip. nada.

So of I go and find a rather big office space attended by a Lady in her late 20s or 30s. No one else there. I turn on my charm (I was a hunk then :) ) and proceeded to song-and-dance her. I give her a plausible explanation for why I was there--- a student doing  a paper on the program. She is willing to help and leaves the main area, enters an office and leaves me there alone for about 10-15 minutes. No line-of-sight between her and me.

I look around  and find interesting stuff just laying around. Among those, the list of places/hotels where witnesses under the program were placed while on call. I memorize it. 

She comes back, hands me a bunch of stuff about regulations and so forth and at that moment the Director comes in. He asks what I was doing there, I explain, and he quickly asks me to leave. He did not examine the docs I had with me. In and out in way less than an hour.

I report back and mentioned that I had seen the list and asked if he wanted to know the details. He just looked at me, I've seen that look before, and I chuckled. 

Thankfully, that program was revamped. Thoroughly. Upside down. Downside up. Side to side.

The lesson is...always trust the "government", any government,  with your life. They will "protect" you. :S

• Sad 3

On 10/16/2021 at 7:14 PM, janice6 said:

I'm of the belief that the government is there to protect the government, only.  The people are on their own!

But never believe that the so-called deep state is a unique, exclusively-leftist thing.

:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2021 at 7:14 PM, janice6 said:

I'm of the belief that the government is there to protect the government, only.  The people are on their own!

The people are not only on their own, they are suppose to be silent and dumb sheep that feed that elitist system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1