Honest question: Did Trump really dis the intelligence community?

jame

2 minutes ago, fortyofforty said:

The intelligence community's behavior before, during and after the election has earned the distrust of every thinking American.  They became an arm of the Democrat party and the Obama Administration used them to interfere with the electoral process.  Recent comments by Brennan, Clapper, and Comey have only served to prove their corruption.

The "intelligence community" (sounds oxymoron to me) has done well to push support to the President.  Many folks whom I didn't expect to be Trump supporters, now they are.  Paul Ryan may have misaligned himself on this one.  The only vocal support is Rand Paul.

Russians ought to jump in by lawyering up, file paperwork to Discovery in US Court, try to get the charges and evidence.  We'd want to see the data anyway.  Up the ante, and see Rosenstein react.

One thing to watch for: since Trump backtracked on the words, I sense that his judgment of the outlook in Nov 2018 election is not all that strong, perhaps more marginal that we want.

I'm sure Trump was given a few pointers before the presser: 

1) don't admit to any Russia wrong doings in the election.  This will set the press on fire.

2) make you and Putin look like buddies.  This will Worry NATO.

3) The FBI and other intelligence agencies want you out.  Don't give them too much credibility. 

One thing a lot of voters liked about trump is "He's just like us and talks like us."  This is some of the consequences of electing a leader that is not a politician.  For better or worse.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2018 at 6:15 AM, ModGlock17 said:

History has shown that the intelligence community did play political games, to this president (or their leaders did, and continues to do so, out of office).

DOJ moved to release this indictment of Russians hours before Trump-Putin summit.  You must be blind, to NOT see it as a political move.  How stupid one must be to think DOJ is so pure and innocent?  Did you missed Strzok show at the Capitol?

I can not make assessment of the quality of their information, as are 99.9999% of civilians in the US, but I don't think they did themselves (the Mueller and Rosenstein level) any favor by their actions above.

This guy has is a real weasel and so was his father if the stories being reported are true.

"Now we know that Strzok was really a CIA agent. He only held a ceremonial title in the Bureau, but was really operating under the leadership of the CIA, including Obama’s vindictive CIA director John Brennan.

intellihub reports: “A sheep-dipped Peter Strzok has been covertly operating as the Section Chief of the Central Intelligence Agency’s Counterespionage Group during his secret 24 year tenure with the agency while masquerading as Deputy Assistant Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Counterintelligence Division where he was in charge of investigating Hillary Clinton’s use of a personal email server along with the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections."

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/bombshell-peter-strzok-was-cia-and-fbi-at-the-same-time/

https://www.intellihub.com/a-sheep-dipped-peter-strzok-works-for-both-the-fbi-and-cia-documents-reveal/

I hear that the intelligence community is so distraught by the booboo that sales of tuna salad sandwiches, on 6-grain wheat, with onions and pickles, unpressed, are skyrocketing   on Subways near the agencies' locales.

That's a clear indication that they are almost suicidal.

It would have been a different story if the President had remarked on Global TV, "I know that you're lying your a** off, Vlad!". You know, in the true spirit  of diplomacy.

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

This guy is a real weasel ... if the stories being reported are true.

"Now we know that Strzok was really a CIA agent. He only held a ceremonial title in the Bureau, but was really operating under the leadership of the CIA, including Obama’s vindictive CIA director John Brennan.

….

While we don't know if that is true, it's certainly consistent with Rosenstein, Wray, and Sessions' refusal to "disclose Sources and Methods" to the United States Congress and to the public.  And certainly "damaging to the security of the country (that means THEM, as they think they ARE the country).

The more this is publicized, true or not, it may force their hands to disclose.  That's because when you are slow to state the Truth, others will make up the Truth for you.

Edited by ModGlock17

37 minutes ago, ModGlock17 said:

While we don't know if that is true, it's certainly consistent with Rosenstein, Wray, and Sessions' refusal to "disclose Sources and Methods" to the United States Congress and to the public.  And certainly "damaging to the security of the country (that means THEM, as they think they ARE the country).

The more this is publicized, true or not, it may force their hands to disclose.  That's because when you are slow to state the Truth, others will make up the Truth for you.

With all the fake new who knows what is true.  Like you said, true or not it could force some hands.