Honest question: Did Trump really dis the intelligence community?

jame

I heard it on the drive home on WHO radio here in Des Moines, on the 4 to 6 pm drive time talk format.  He's unquestionably conservative, many times making statements that can make many on the right uncomfortable.

Did Trump really throw our intelligence community under the bus to Putin, on the world stage, in another country?  

This makes my tug at my collar just a little, if true.  

I ask out of simple curiosity.  I was at work all day, and I couldn't watch anything broadcast.

Well, ****.  

I just stumbled upon Ben Shapiro's article over at The Daily Wire.

I guess he did dis them.  

He's really getting some great things done, and, against my previous concerns, I think he's just what the country needed.  

But sometimes, I wish he would just shut the hell up.  He'd get a lot more traction.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/33126/problem-isnt-russian-collusion-its-trumps-massive-ben-shapiro?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

History has shown that the intelligence community did play political games, to this president (or their leaders did, and continues to do so, out of office).

DOJ moved to release this indictment of Russians hours before Trump-Putin summit.  You must be blind, to NOT see it as a political move.  How stupid one must be to think DOJ is so pure and innocent?  Did you missed Strzok show at the Capitol?

I can not make assessment of the quality of their information, as are 99.9999% of civilians in the US, but I don't think they did themselves (the Mueller and Rosenstein level) any favor by their actions above.

Edited by ModGlock17
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jame said:

But sometimes, I wish he would just shut the hell up.  He'd get a lot more traction.

I didn't vote for this President to get traction with people who fleeced this country (and voters who let them).  I voted, and will again, and millions of Americans, to MAGA.

I voted for him because, for decades, we've tried the same thing over and over and it didn't work, as this country continues down the pits.  We can't be doing the SAME thing and expect DIFFERENT results.  We've used the strategy of Confrontations in the international scenes and LOOK where it has gotten us.

• Like 5

Regardless of what the Russians did or didn't do (which BTW, we also do), the intelligence community tried to derail Trump's candidacy, and since that failed, they've been working non-stop with the rest of the establishment to try to undermine his presidency. I can't blame him for fighting back.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Trump isn't a fine tuned in the art of "political speak", therefore we get cringe worthy statements like this.  I think he wanted to stir the Russia pot and jab the deep state.  It came out bad.  I just hope he doesn't swing too hard to correct his statement. 

The truth is, that we are not used to speaking reality anymore and calling **** by the name. Just another side effect of the liberal pussification of America. The more Trump speaks his mind, the better I like him. Screw political correctness, that **** got us to this deep state to begin with. Pun intended.

Every time the MSMs heads are exploding, he did good. Best indicator these days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I understand the distaste some of you may have with the FBI, among others in their efforts to blackball Trump.  

The way that went down just seems to ring of weakness.

Many, many years ago, I wrestled in high school.  And I know, at least one on one, that you never want the other guy to know your weakness, and you sure as hell don’t want him to set up camp between your ears.

To this little midwestern guy, that appears to be exactly what he did.

I’m not trying to blackball Trump.  He’s my president, and I want him winning.  But between the ever worsening tariff issues, and now this, I’m not to thrilled with his recent actions.  (Supreme Court pick notwithstanding.)

This still beats hell out having a Clinton in the WH, but I don’t see life through rose colored glasses, either.

Trump didn't "dis" any body. Those are just the protest signs and articles they already had written before he ever left the USA. They were just looking for something to cry about, just like always and this fit the protest and angst they had built up.

When was the last time a good looked proved the "intelligence" community to be telling the truth and telling it correctly? All Trump did is STATE both side's opinion of their selves. He didn't endorse either one. They haven't PROVEN diddly, the FBI and CIA are just giving their opinion based on THE BEST INFORMATION they have at the time.

What are the hysterical left going to say when we find a year from now the entire thing was a ruse by the Chinese to goad the USA in to fighting THEIR battles for them?

Edited by Jack Ryan

First, I think Trump has good reason to distrust the intelligence community, and setting them back on their butt with shock is not a bad thing, in my opinion. But more importantly, I think Trump understands that whether or not Putin is a lying, evil dictator or not we still have to find a way to deal with the Russians. Publicly praising Putin but privately telling him that he either cuts the crap out or we will use the full resources to our Defense Department to undermine him and all of his efforts. Trump is facing a mentally ill world, where Western European countries decry his cozying up to Putin, but aggressively make themselves dependent for the lifeblood of their economies on Russian energy. I wish Trump would go even further, saying if our European "allies" are so comfortable with Russia that they can make themselves so dependent on the Russians selling them energy, then why do we need ANY troops in Europe and why do we need to spend any funds supporting NATO? In fact, Trump would serve American interests well by saying to Europe, we either need NATO for military defense against the Russians, or we don't and if we do, Europe better start acting like we do with the first step of buying their energy from us rather than the Russians. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vito said:

?...

. Publicly praising Putin but privately telling him that he either cuts the crap out or we will use the full resources to our Defense Department to undermine him and all of his efforts.

This idea of Confrontation and Threats is what many people want Trump to do.  If you repeat it like this, then you've subscribed to it.

I'd like people to tell me, brainstorming, by listing out the things that can happen both good and bad after Confrontation, with probabilities of happening next to it.  That would be a good way to start discussion.

Edited by ModGlock17
  • Like 1

The retroactive praise is on a level I have never seen before.

some with Clinton, more with Obama. But with Trump it is almost comical.

whatever he says or tweets. Stupid or smart, planned or off the cuff, blatantly foolish or off a prompter.

A couple days later it will be spun as brilliant. When and if he walks it back then that will be twisted into ‘just to make the left heads explode’ 

I can get a coffee mug with cofeve on it, when he said 7/11 instead of 9/11 people went back to the Gregoria’s calendar to show how he was technically correct.

whomever he likes today is awesome and great, whoever he doesn’t like or tweets about today is rino, swamp, traitor, never Trump.

until tomorrow and it changes.

whatever he does, says, tweets is genius, and if not then a kick at the left, media, politicians, illustrating TDS.

not good or bad, just interesting

• Like 1

Maybe some do, but I do not defend everything Trump says or does. He is coarse, boorish, a braggart, plays loose and fast with facts and as in this most recent case, really behaved foolishly. But first and foremost, he has changed the direction of some aspects of our country and for the good. Above all, he is not Hilary Clinton. If nothing else, we have now two new (no question he will be confirmed) Constitutionalists added the Supreme Court instead of the far Left radicals that Hilary would have nominated and probably got confirmed. He passed the tax cut and reform bill. He has foreign enemies like Iran hesitant to offend the U.S., not knowing what response will emanate from Trump. I can live with the occasional faux pas by Trump as he continues to execute the agenda he promised. If we get the Wall, and strict border control combined with a sane immigration policy, I will push for Trump to be added to Mt. Rushmore, even if he is still coarse, boorish, and a braggart. 

I don't think he misspoke at all.  He speaketh out of his heart (1 reason I voted for him).

This is the sort of event analogous to you getting caught saying your mother-in-law is ugly.  So you have to apologize and say that 'she is the venus of all stars' just to get along.

I think the reality is that due to pressure all around, people around him probably found it difficult to interface with various entities like Congress, etc. and threatened to resign.  He's got no choice to but to backtrack.

But we know where his heart is.

I like Trump because I know exactly what the Product is.  How it's being marketed, is another story of lesser relevance.  Again, I'd bet someone on his staff probably threatened to resign, possibly because they find it difficult to interface with the pressure.  By 2020, he'd be cornered for being the only President to dis his own administration.  But now, you know The Rest of The Story.
Edited by ModGlock17

Trump leaves business partners with the bill, his university a scam he , tramps around, not a fan. And someone here will turn this around into in a Hillary fan, nope. Weird thing is I said something earlier about Trump and callled me out door even own a gun not knowing anything about me. I’m no BAC, or FN Fal man but many guns. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Moeman said:

Trump leaves business partners with the bill, his university a scam he , tramps around, not a fan. And someone here will turn this around into in a Hillary fan, nope. Weird thing is I said something earlier about Trump and callled me out door even own a gun not knowing anything about me. I’m no BAC, or FN Fal man but many guns. 

You’re obviously a Hillary loving anti gun liberal commie Never Trump swamp creature. I bet you dream about Hillary don’t you, do you miss her that much????

(sarcasm, as I have heard all those thing as well)

• Haha 1

If President Trump in fact dissed the intelligence community, I guess that today a bunch of them were bundling up in their respective agencies' safe spaces.

You know, because the community is comprised of highly sensitive persons. They were probably cleansing their ears with chlorine.

(kindly insert rolling eyes here)

His "clarification" makes me like this situation less. Totally unbelievable. A clarification is a small altering, not doing a 180 on the original meaning. He should have just rolled with it.

That said, I have become used to taking President Trump's "words" with a grain of salt. I see no reason to change now. As always, I'll wait to see actions before final judgement. If I judged him on his words alone, we'd be talking about President Hillary Clinton. No thanks.

God knows that Donald Trump is far from perfect. Overall, he has done better than I expected. I hope that continues. If not, we have a remedy in 2 1/2 years.

The intelligence community's behavior before, during and after the election has earned the distrust of every thinking American.  They became an arm of the Democrat party and the Obama Administration used them to interfere with the electoral process.  Recent comments by Brennan, Clapper, and Comey have only served to prove their corruption.