Most offensive gun you own? Other offensive firearms?

PNWguy

I have beautiful firearms and I have ugly firearms, but I realized that I also own firearms that are just plain old offensive to other gun owners. 

I'm talking about firearms that some gun owners love to hate, or that stir up so much controversy that they cause bitter arguments and insults. 

Mine are my Marlin 1894 in .45 Colt and my Taurus G2c.

I think everybody can appreciate the timeless attraction of the lever-action carbine.  But, take a Marlin 1894 and modify it to be a more effective and useful camp gun and people lose their freaking minds... 

IMG_20180414_204738948.thumb.jpg.bcd2b6881b6b15ec0e9dedda5cbd1851.jpg

And my Taurus was bought out of curiosity since it was getting all sorts of great online reviews and was only $200.  Any post involving the G2c and daring to say it is a fine little gun is met with consternation and insults.  Weird.

IMG_20180621_145032902_HDR.thumb.jpg.8c36a7b5eefc8b71dc97feee7f9e9f82.jpg

Other guns that I don't own but seem to set off gun owners whenever they are mentioned are the Mini-14, the Saiga 12 shotgun, and Hi-Point pistols.

Add to that the P365, the S&W Sigma, and the P320.

• Like 1

his one really infuriates some cork sniffers.  My AK prefix Gen 1 G17.  Not because of what she is but because she's my EDC.  There's always some range ninja crying that she belongs in a safe or I should sell her to someone that would appreciate an early Gen 1.

SzDnkC1 - Imgur.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Will Beararms said:

My pistols——-all .40’s——-http://02172012002.jpg

EXTREMELY offensive. The .40 is the most offensive offensive handgun caliber. 

Here’s an offending Glock 22 Gen. 4 for your offensive pleasure:

.40 Short & Weak?

Let me ask my cat again.

f694e70960dd8e594359fd7d315e575c.gif

Same level as any Hipoint.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Boogieman said:

his one really infuriates some cork sniffers.  My AK prefix Gen 1 G17.  Not because of what she is but because she's my EDC.  There's always some range ninja crying that she belongs in a safe or I should sell her to someone that would appreciate an early Gen 1.

SzDnkC1 - Imgur.jpg

Nice pistol. I like carrying full size pistols especially since my office is in a gang infested area.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Valmet said:

A beautiful 1978 mfg 5” S&W 27-2 with a big dobb of my wife’s yellow nail polish on the front sight blade. 

‘Had a boss who was a State Trooper for several years. He carried one of these in his brief case everywhere we went. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Then might I suggest...

9B5bWBo - Imgur.jpg

Just changed the crappy rear sight that came with this Cugir RH-10 Romanian with the Polish Tantal Rear sigjht using the screwdriver trick. Made a world of difference on this offensive offensive rifle.  

423F75A2-246E-48DC-A9E0-AFB883B2D21F.jpeg

Edited by Will Beararms

28 minutes ago, Will Beararms said:

Just changed the crappy rear sight that came with this Cugir MH-10 Romanian with the Polish Tantal Rear sigjht using the screwdriver trick. Made a world of difference on this offensive offensive rifle.  

Please explain?

Not mine but a relatable story.

Some years ago the ERO's (elite range operators) at my local shoot club decided & declared the only viable guns for carry were striker fired semi-autos. If someone showed up with something less than their ideal gun it was almost obligatory for one of them to comment about how they should get a Glock or an XD. I was working as a range officer one day when this old guy showed up a well used Ruger P95. Make that almost beat to crap Ruger P95. Sure enough a couple of them crack off about the gun being a POS and the old guy grumbled "Strikers are for weak handed *******". He then raised up that P95 and put a ragged hole center of mass at 10' without issue. He then asked if either of them wanted to have a shoot off, winner takes both guns home. They made some smart remark and walked away. I laughed my ass off.

• Haha 3

People usually have a minor heart attack when I show up with this.  1966 Winchester Centennial gold plated lever action carbine 30-30.  Very cheap gold plating.  It has rust spots / pitting all over it from decades of just sitting over the fireplace in a rack with it's sibling rifle version.  I use it for deer hunting, and attached a permanent sling to it - octagonal barrel guns are Heavy in the woods! 

People can't believe the condition of my "Golden Boy"... and I have to explain it is NOT a Golden Boy but a mass produced not-so-special edition.  A brand new rifle costs more than its value.  It is a great shooter, though!  Picture is at a friend's cabin in Vermont.  Can't really see the rust pitting, and this was before I attached a sling.

DSC03556.JPG

Edited by Tvov
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Please explain?

The rear sigjt on the RH-10 Cugir build Century Arms sells is horrible. The U notch is tiny and though the aperture is windage adjustable, its made out of metal a little thicker than a coke can. I bent mine right off the bat. The Polish Tantal rear sight is not windage adjustable but it is machined steel and has a u notch that is usable.  It fits right into a Cugir and is made far better. 

Here’s the method:

https://youtu.be/RBu0YpfPHyc

Edited by Will Beararms
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mlk18 said:

Not mine but a relatable story.

Some years ago the ERO's (elite range operators) at my local shoot club decided & declared the only viable guns for carry were striker fired semi-autos. If someone showed up with something less than their ideal gun it was almost obligatory for one of them to comment about how they should get a Glock or an XD. I was working as a range officer one day when this old guy showed up a well used Ruger P95. Make that almost beat to crap Ruger P95. Sure enough a couple of them crack off about the gun being a POS and the old guy grumbled "Strikers are for weak handed *******". He then raised up that P95 and put a ragged hole center of mass at 10' without issue. He then asked if either of them wanted to have a shoot off, winner takes both guns home. They made some smart remark and walked away. I laughed my ass off.

A few time a year I can drag my mother to the range.  She'll away bring her Clark Lightweight Commander she's had for decades.  Occasionally a "Tactical Tony" (dressed in camo or like a ninja and with a bunch of stuff bolted to their striker fired Tupperware because that's what they used while they were a SEAL/Delta/Contractor/etc) will feel entitled to comment on her firearm selection.  Usually with a condescending snicker.  Well in days of yore Mom was a nationally ranked Bullseye competitor.  She will very quickly punch out the 10 ring at 50 yards.  Or keep them all in the 9 ring at 25 yards while looking them in dead in the eye.  All while shooting one handed.  I've tried to get her to say "Who's my Bitch?" but she's won't have any of that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mine is nothing special. It's a totally beat to s*** Mossberg 835. It was one of the turkey foundation models.  The finish is really worn and completely missing in spots. It had sand in it when I got it. It was clearly somebody's duck gun and was used hard.  I bought it in this condition for $100. It now has a mismatched blued 18" barrel and I shortened the stock by about an inch to fit me better. 

It looks like garbage but still runs like a top and the action is so smooth from all the wear. I always planned to refinish it with one of the spray finishes on the metal parts and bedliner on the stocks but never got around to it. 

It always gets comments at the range.