Texas mom shoots man trying to take car with her kids inside

pipedreams

"A Texas mother said she didn’t think twice about shooting a would-be carjacker when the man jumped into her vehicle at a Dallas gas station while her two sons were in the backseat. "

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/05/texas-mom-shoots-man-trying-to-take-car-with-her-kids-inside-at-gas-station-hope-that-woke-him-up.html

"I hope that woke him up" she said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had been lazy lately with carrying. This is yet another good reminder to up my game. And to make it more interesting as well as effective, I'll be putting my G42 back in the safe and start carrying my P229 Legion .357SIG. Going to order a holster tonight.

Good story all around.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, John Galt said:

She may not have had a carry license.

I’m not from Texas but if I’m not mistaken you have to have the handgun in the open if you do not have a concealed carry license. If it’s in the glove compartment it’s concealed. I’m not positive but it seems I’ve read that somewhere!

"A Texas mother said she didn’t think twice about shooting a would-be carjacker when the man jumped into her vehicle at a Dallas gas station while her two sons were in the backseat. "
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/05/texas-mom-shoots-man-trying-to-take-car-with-her-kids-inside-at-gas-station-hope-that-woke-him-up.html
"I hope that woke him up" she said.

Great reaction, mom.

We can’t turn our backs on our kids for a second anymore. Bad people are out there. That’s why we all have to be prepared to do bad MF’n things to protect our own.

Here in NYS people would be raising hell for not taking her kids out of the car with her when she went to go pay for her gas and for having 2 small children left unattended in a car with a loaded pistol in it.  She would certainly have been reported to Child Protective Services. God, how I hate the mindset of so many people in this state.

• Like 1

I am so sick of the "nobody except police needs a gun" idiots on the TV all the time.

I am glad to see more stories like this recently. It proves that people do NEED the ability to defend themselves.

Michelle Booker-Hicks was at the Shell station around 10 p.m. Wednesday when Ricky Wright attempted to steal her vehicle while she was paying her gas bill.  Her two sons, ages 2 and 4, were sitting in the backseat at the time.

“I proceeded to jump in my backseat and told the gentleman to stop, to get out the car. He would not get out of the car. He turned around and looked at me. I reached over the armrest to get my glove compartment and that’s when I fired at him once I got the gun from my glove compartment.” 

Booker-Hicks shot Wright in the face while he was allegedly trying to drive away. He crashed the vehicle into the fence.

“I’m not a killer but I do believe in defending what’s mine,” the mother of two said. “I hope that woke him up.”

Good for the mom.  

Keeping a gun in the glove compartment can be problematic so I'm glad it worked out this time.  

Edited by PATCHMAN

On 7/5/2018 at 5:20 PM, Sigobsessed said:

I’m not from Texas but if I’m not mistaken you have to have the handgun in the open if you do not have a concealed carry license. If it’s in the glove compartment it’s concealed. I’m not positive but it seems I’ve read that somewhere!

If you do not have a license to carry then the firearm must be concealed in the glove box, console or other area but not on your person.

Edited by John Galt