Random Posting

Eric

Bob was Bob.  Right out of the Army.  Toughest bitch you ever met.

I had a Harley.

He wanted a bike, soooooooooooooooooooooo  bad.

He had a Red-White-And-Blue(?) Mustang Mach1 (?), ????

And traded to some guy for this shitty Triumph that was 3' tall and 9' long.

Bob was in Heaven!

He loved this bike.

Like, two weeks later,  we had just pissed off the Geometry teacher, so whatever, we were at Bill&Bobs hamburgers,  right off campus.

And we came out,  and there were twenty little kids in  the parking lot aand they all said, "HEY MISTER!!! THAT'S THE COOLEST MOTORCYCLE WE'VE EVER SEEN!!!"

And Bob gave them all high-5's,  because we were sooo cool!

And he kicked his bike once,  twice, thrice,  and it fired up!!!!!!..............

And broke in half.  Right in the middle of the frame.  It was brand new to him.  Just traded his Mustang for it.

So it sat there.

The motor going, Chug-Chug-Chug,  with 5' of back with motor, by itself,  and 5' of gas tank and forks.  Just sitting in the parking lot.

Bob just walked away and went home.  I tried to yell at him.  He just left.  I went home.

It wasn't there on Monday.  He got it back.

Bob loved and hated that bike.

Bob had kids.  And something drugs.  And someone owed him money.  So he went to collect.

And Bob could be very professional and courteous.   Which he said he did.

And the guy bitched him.

Bob didn't hurt anyone.

But he shot the guy's TV.

He said he shot Barney Rubble.  And the picture immediately went out.  But Barney kept talking for another minute.

Now,  only Bob could do this.

And he really did.

Walked down the block to the Lacy Lakeview Police Department, walked in, put his S&W .38 on the counter,  and told them the whole story.

His kids were hungry and the guy owed him money.

Bob could talk,  nicest, serious guy, you ever met,  all day.

Then the front-desk phone rang about some crazy guy that shot someone's tv!

Bob won this round.

Once, at the intersection, a friendly motorcycle guy crashed my motorcycle, and the other bikers were going, "Wha?", and then Bob crashed into us,  for that's what he did,  and somebody declared cutting class and we all went 100mph to Bob's house.

We had never been under surveillance,  didn't know that part,  but we were twisted!

So ten police cars skidded, all sideways,  into the yard right into us.  Like, hit us into the wall.

The first thing that Beauford Pusser wanted to see,  it what I had in the leather briefcase, bungied on the the back of my bike.

It was my Dad's briefcase from when he was, like, 20 years old.  It was pretty beat-up, just like a biker drug-guy would do.

We were in a college town!

I had a geometry book,  a calculator, and drafting equipment.

And then they fussed for a while and left.

So we did meth and big dope all day,  pdq.

And then lied to the teachers about being jacked-up, so we had to miss class.

I didn't know Bob on the first day of class.

On the third day, or so,  I think he was a Sargent, some girl was sitting in his seat.

Bob could be very polite.  Usually always.

He told the girl, "Excuse me,  they take roll on our seats, and you're in mine."

The girl cussed him.  On the third day of class.

Bob said, politely, "EXCUSE ME! WHY DON'T YOU WRITE THAT **** DOWN ON A BROWN PAPER PAPER BAG AND MAIL IT TO SOMEONE WHO GIVES A ****?!?!"

And that girl never came back.

We once were going to the circus in Houston, in the Datsun,   and I don't know why there was train-tracks,  but we hit, like,  a fifty-in-a-row tracks.

And the dash billowed smoked,  and the car died.

So we took the FM converter, out of the glovebox,  which was the most lucrative part of the car ($12) , and went to the circus, three miles away,  and just left the car on the tracks.

And when we were going back,  I don[t know why,  I guess we couldn't afford a taxi,  so we were going to walk 30 miles home,  we twisted the key and it started.  So we probably drove it another five years.

It was a tank.

We gave the Datsun to our chumpy friends,  Passed it on.

I told them that the radiator leaked, and ran empty,  forever.  Just run it dry forever.

But no.

Billy "Borrows" dumped that silver stuff in the radiator immediately,   and the motor chugged, and it never started again.  Died right in front of us.

Robert's crank paid for most of our college.

Once a month,  I was the 'snort test'

They all did needles.  I, and others, didn't.

So they'd shoot his latest creation,  and go woo.  Or whatever they did.

And I'd snort it,  as a test dummy,  and they'd go, "Is it good?!!!!!!!"

"No.  It's like Clorox.  I'm not high,  and it's killing me.  It burns like ****."

And they'd go, "Nice!"

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic