Random Posting

Eric

35 minutes ago, DAKA said:

"THEY" say that just about every Florida "lake" has an Alligator.. I think that is true only if the "lakes" are connected....(not just a pond, But I ain't swimming in any of them)

We have had alligators show up in the neighbors stocked pond near our house. This pond is ~9 or 10 miles from any other waterway, lake or pond. Alligators have been known to cross long distances to find water when their own waterhole dries up. They have been filmed/photographed climbing fences and other barriers. During drier times in the glades, they have been known to cross distances up to 25 miles to get to another waterway. "They", and I qualify as a 'They," who have lived here, have seen things that "Others" call bullshit, but we have seen it.

A1.jpg

A2.jpg

A3.jpg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Few years ago a gater in a pond near a DisneyWorld hotel got a guest’s small child.  

I remember that. This was terrible. The father watched his child being dragged into the water, getting killed as I remember ...

Found it:

https://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/us/alligator-attacks-child-disney-florida/index.html

• Sad 1

In other wildlife news:

8.16.2022. A father and son fishing in Maine caught a bright blue lobster marine biologists say is a rare, one-in-2-million sea discovery.
The crustacean, named "Lucky Blue”, was caught in ocean waters beyond Peaks Island off the southeast portion of the state, said Becky Rand, whose son Luke Rand, caught the lobster Thursday.
Luke Rand, 36, serves as sternman on his dad's boat, the Audrey B. Rand, his mother told USA TODAY Tuesday.
And his mom says it's not the first time he's caught a colorful lobster with his dad.
The duo, she said, has also caught rare calico and orange lobsters over the years.
Luke and his mother live in Falmouth, a small town just north of Portland. She said her son has been lobstering on his father's boat off-and on since he was 8 years old.
His father, Mark Rand, has been fishing for more than 60 years, she said.
“We’ve never pulled one this color or even seen one to throw back,” Luke Rand told the Portland Press Herald.
He told the outlet the lobster is a male, legal-size, healthy crustacean.
"This was a keeper," his mom said Tuesday. "If it's a female or if its not a big enough male they have to throw it back."
The lobster is currently in a tank on display at his mother's Portland waterfront restaurant, Becky’s Diner.
"We're throwing it back in two weeks," she said. "But for now we thought the kids would enjoy it at an aquarium close to home. We named him 'Lucky Blue' because he's going back in the water and not going to be boiled."
According to the New England Aquarium, wild blue lobsters are about a one-in-2 million discovery. The aquarium got its own resident blue lobster in February 2020 and has also had resident lobsters of different colors including orange and calico.
The aquarium has received several rare colored lobsters from fishermen and retail outlets over the years, including a yellow and a calico lobster, both occurring naturally in about one in 30 million lobsters. It's also received an orange lobster, which occurs in about one in 20 million lobsters, according to the aquarium's website.

AA10JQOv.jpg

image.png.db0780cb2ba6932edd4461c83918ad0b.png

https://www.popsci.com/technology/john-deere-tractors-jailbreak-right-to-repair/

"When it comes to “jailbreaking” products, people may usually envision hacking smartphones and tablets to skirt tech companies’ limitations on unlicensed modifications. In reality, however, the logic (and subsequent workarounds) are applicable to pretty much any technology reliant on modern electronic systems, and farm equipment is no exception. These days, John Deere’s equipment can be as advanced as any smart device, and is usually controlled via touchscreen computers and frequent software updates. All that proprietary tech has led the iconic company to institute some pretty impressive restrictions on farmers’ personal augmentations."

Dodge has announced, 8.16.2022, that it will discontinue the Challenger and Charger models in 2023 as it plans to transition to electric vehicles.
According to Dodge, they will discontinue their gas-powered Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger models in 2023 as the brand works towards electrification. This follows news of the unveiling of the electrified Dodge Ram 1500 coming in the fall of this year, a planned electric muscle car that will be unveiled in 2024, and, more recently, the expansion of PHEV models within other Stellantis brands, including Jeep and Chrysler. Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis believes that this transformation of the Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger models will lead to a new “golden age of muscle cars.”
Stellantis NV's Dodge brand plans to squeeze maximum profit from the farewell party for its gasoline-powered Challenger and Charger muscle cars, which are scheduled to go out of production at the end of next year.
Dodge will offer seven low-volume "heritage-influenced" versions of the Charger and Challenger at certain dealerships, previewing them under cover at events starting Monday in a throwback to marketing tactics that were old when the brand's current leaders were starting their careers, the company said Monday.
The final run of the current Dodge muscle cars will be allocated to dealers all at once, said brand chief Tim Kuniskis to reporters.

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/streettalk/dodge-charger-challenger-muscle-cars-discontinued/2022/08/16/id/1083309/#ixzz7cDuUHsCL

• Sad 1

In the name of fighting climate change and promoting green energy, Biden contributed to the death of American muscle cars as we know them. While the left may see this as a win, many Americans will be devastated to see such an iconic American vehicle disappear.

image.png.3a7389860a737e730a08bbdf7bcc95df.png

https://www.westernjournal.com/two-iconic-american-muscle-cars-killed-off-company-can-transition-electric-vehicles/

"Dodge is planning to discontinue two of America’s most famous muscle cars due in part to emissions regulations put in place by the Biden administration.

The American car manufacturer announced its plans to halt production of the Challenger and Charger muscle cars at the end of 2023, CNBC reported."

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Dodge has announced, 8.16.2022, that it will discontinue the Challenger and Charger models in 2023 as it plans to transition to electric vehicles.
According to Dodge, they will discontinue their gas-powered Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger models in 2023 as the brand works towards electrification. This follows news of the unveiling of the electrified Dodge Ram 1500 coming in the fall of this year, a planned electric muscle car that will be unveiled in 2024, and, more recently, the expansion of PHEV models within other Stellantis brands, including Jeep and Chrysler. Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis believes that this transformation of the Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger models will lead to a new “golden age of muscle cars.”
Stellantis NV's Dodge brand plans to squeeze maximum profit from the farewell party for its gasoline-powered Challenger and Charger muscle cars, which are scheduled to go out of production at the end of next year.
Dodge will offer seven low-volume "heritage-influenced" versions of the Charger and Challenger at certain dealerships, previewing them under cover at events starting Monday in a throwback to marketing tactics that were old when the brand's current leaders were starting their careers, the company said Monday.
The final run of the current Dodge muscle cars will be allocated to dealers all at once, said brand chief Tim Kuniskis to reporters.

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/streettalk/dodge-charger-challenger-muscle-cars-discontinued/2022/08/16/id/1083309/#ixzz7cDuUHsCL

I predict long waiting lists to get the last of the gas-powered Dodge muscle cars, premium prices, and police departments demanding cruisers. 

I have owned 2 Dodges and that's more than enough for any lifetime; I'm a slow learner.

• Like 1

Eric Trump Reveals His Family Has Footage of What Really Happened During Mar-a-Lago Raid

"A once-somnolent America is now seething in the aftermath of the FBI raid at former President Donald Trump’s home in South Florida’s Mar-a-Lago Club, according to his son, Eric.

Since the raid last week, Justice Department officials have indicated it was necessary to recover classified documents that went with Trump to Florida after he left the White House. The former president has said the FBI raid was a form of persecution that invaded the privacy of his family members."

https://www.westernjournal.com/eric-trump-reveals-family-footage-really-happened-mar-lago-raid/

"“People are so angry at what is taking place,” Trump told Fox. “Whatever we can do to help — because the temperature has to be brought down in the country. If it isn’t, terrible things are going to happen.”"

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

I predict long waiting lists to get the last of the gas-powered Dodge muscle cars, premium prices, and police departments demanding cruisers. 

I have owned 2 Dodges and that's more than enough for any lifetime; I'm a slow learner.

Yeah, I think there are enough Mopar fans where you will have to 'eliminate' people to get your name on the list to get one now unless you have a close friend/relative in the car business.

Our experiences with Dodges are different. I owned a Duster back in the 80's and that car was unstoppable, the only reason I got rid of it was I was in the military and I was preparing to PCS to Germany and couldn't afford to carry it with me. And in 2019, I bought a Ram crew cab which I still drive today and I love it. Rides like a Cadillac and has more than enough power to keep me happy.

UPDATE: The 67 yr old customer has died from his injuries and the "Wendy's employee" is charged with 2nd degree murder

Arizona Wendy's worker sucker punches elderly customer after customer allegedly complained about drink order

Still think you're going to find a way to "peacefully coexist" with...this?!

a3d7d4cceb94e012.png

• Sad 1