Random Posting

Eric

13 minutes ago, tous said:

No offense, amigo, but your conclusion and remark are based on a flawed assumption, e.g., the entire sample that the 99.7% survival rate applies is only the 30,000,000 individuals that have tested positive for the virus.

I suggest that the more valid sample is the entire population of the United States,: 350,000,000.

,03% would be around 10,500,000.

Yes, that assumption has flaws as well; it assumes that the entire sample, the population, had all contracted the malady and 10,500,000 (.03%) perished.

It also fails to group by age.

As we will not test the entire population to isolate the infected, the only valid conclusion we can state is that both of our approaches are not feasible and therefore, not valid.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

If the survival rate is 99.97% as the theorists maintain and we as a country have had 30,000,000 cases and 550,000 deaths. Then, for the US at least, the death rate is 1.83%

that’s a long way from 0.03%

they have never broken it down by age in a meme (that takes thought and stuff) and the survival rate would be of those infected, not the entire population. The infection rate would be based on the population.

the national infection rate is (so far) is 8.57% if 30,000,000 cases out of 350,000,000

all of this is so far, and may change as we go on.

one thing is certain......it ain’t 0.03%

Edited by Dric902

I understand what you are stating. 

I stand by my assertion that the methodology that you seem to be using is flawed: your model assumes that all of the fatalities occurred within the sample that tested positive, .e.g..,  the 550,000 results are only from the 30,000,000 sample group.  I suggest that that is likely not the case.  We do not know what percentage of a group that 550,000 represents; the sample is not defined or classified.

I am a science guy, therefore, pronouncements by politicians, bureaucrats or or celebrities are not only irrelevant, they are not interesting.

Edited to add a cute story.

When my daughter was around five or six, she tried to argue a point with me and after listening patiently, I reminded her that some of  her assumptions were irrelevant.

Of course, a six-year-old has no reference or understanding of irrelevant.  My daughter interpreted the word to be, 'an elephant.'

Therefore, when she was losing argument, she would declare my side, "That's an elephant!"

:biggrin:

Edited by tous
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, tous said:

I understand what you are stating. 

I stand by my assertion that the methodology that you seem to be using is flawed: your model assumes that all of the fatalities occurred within the sample that tested positive, .e.g..,  the 550,000 results are only from the 30,000,000 sample group.  I suggest that that is likely not the case.  We do not know what percentage of a group that 550,000 represents; the sample is not defined or classified.

I am a science guy, therefore, pronouncements by politicians, bureaucrats or or celebrities are not only irrelevant, they are not interesting.

Edited to add a cute story.

When my daughter was around five or six, she tried to argue a point with me and after listening patiently, I reminded her that some of  her assumptions were irrelevant.

Of course, a six-year-old has no reference or understanding of irrelevant.  My daughter interpreted the word to be, 'an elephant.'

Therefore, when she was losing argument, she would declare my side, "That's an elephant!"

:biggrin:

I should have been more clear

the total infection rate of the US stands (right now) at 8.57%

the death rate of those infected is 1.83%

the ignorance rate of those who believe memes is a lot closer to 99.97% than the survival rate of COVID, but their assumptions are as invalid, so it evens out

(Mercy's eyes just kind of glass over and she walks away, or she wants to see it in writing)

btw, I’m off the O2 and going back to work on April 12th. This sh_t show started on Feb 21st, I am anxious to get out of here.

and the meme queens can get a break and go back to 200+ a day without resistance.

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

3D2294FB-6AE4-42E5-B1F8-5BB13740C689.png.b67936fda726792bb8074df34da07f80.png

Went by Fisherman’s Park while out at lunch. After a week of closure due to lots of rain and high water, the river gravel beaches were once again available. One guy was lying on his back, sunbathing, with his head sloping down. Can’t imagine how uncomfortable that might be. 

• Haha 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic