We need a dog thread

itisbruno

13 hours ago, itisbruno said:

I had to kill 'lil man a couple weeks ago, spinal stenosis got him, he couldn't walk anymore.

Someone cheer this thread up with your dogs!

I am very sorry for your loss.

what a “good dog”.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Duc748s said:

My last buddy, didn't get to keep him but kept the house, the car and my tools. Not a GSD but he was a cool buddy.

Pufferlaydown.JPG.4ff254f1c4760118e74bb2091b640fb8.JPG

pufferinwindhead.thumb.jpg.dbfaed93d96ee34b62e37aa4e32eeb0f.jpg

Really need another battle buddy but can't swing the cost. A good GSD is so much money

Oh and my condolences itisbruno, losing your buddy is painful and I really hope you get another so he can experience the love Miky received. I am sure he would approve

They're like people, it's not how they look on the outside. Don't get me wrong, breed specific are a must sometimes, but they all got more love than most people. If you have the time and place you should think about another pooch. 

Edited by NDcent
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, NDcent said:

They're like people, it's not how they look on the outside. Don't get me wrong, breed specific are a must sometimes, but they all got more love than most people. If you have the time and place you should think about another pooch. 

Oh I agree, It's just I have been around GSDs my whole life, growing up always had one in the home, I had a Siberian Husky, then an Akita I "adopted" from a friend that was having a house built and couldn't keep the two he had due to the temp place he was living with his wife and kids (had her almost 5 years), the Puffer (in the pic) he was a Chinese Crest Hairless breed (Powder Puff). He was not on the radar to buy as I went to MD (I think) to pick up his brother as a gift for my GF at the time. As we were there this little guy came right to me and would not leave my side the whole 2+ hours we were there. The breeder said that no one had interest in him and that they were thinking of keeping him but if I wanted him I could have him. Of course I took him and it was a great decision. I was amazed that out of a littler of practically bald dogs one comes out with all the hair LOL. He was a great Dog and I still miss him. Part of the reason I let him go was because at the time I was being deployed and did not know how for how long (at the time over a year was not uncommon) and did not think it was fair to him and made the choice to let her keep him with his brother (pic below)

bothdogs.jpg.216b10d67ab9a6e115e27ba236275920.jpg

2dogs_playpen.jpg.d77d554e9836ca02a4edefe42c8d4c09.jpg

RodneySmileyPuff.thumb.jpg.8c381eb9ab5c78022ae97337205acadb.jpg

Edited by Duc748s
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

You try copy & paste?

This has been happening to me too. You need to refresh and do it again. Something hangs up when trying to process the images to the server and it stalls out. They only way around it, for now, is to start from scratch again and reload the photos (there is no way to delete the hanging photos that I can see and the post/reply hangs on processing if you try to send it)

15 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

You try copy & paste?

Did a copy and past from my Prime Photo account and they look great to me.  No idea if anyone else can see them...

contentRedirection?querySuffix=%3FviewBox%3D717%2C956&ownerId=A1DLJ89ZKZYNKQ&cb=1530473080091

If you can see a picture of my dog, Rowdy, chewing on an elk leg, then I'm good to go...

Just now, PNWguy said:

Did a copy and past from my Prime Photo account and they look great to me.  No idea if anyone else can see them...

contentRedirection?querySuffix=%3FviewBox%3D717%2C956&ownerId=A1DLJ89ZKZYNKQ&cb=1530473080091

If you can see a picture of my dog, Rowdy, chewing on an elk leg, then I'm good to go...

OK this might be an issue with Prime Photo. Try coping the photo to your desktop, then place it in the post and see if it works

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pax said:

He was huge, very athletic, good tracker and there were times when all we had to do was look at each other. He loved to go shooting, acted like a pup jumping up and down. We shared about 14,000 rounds together, including automatic weapons fire, but I always sheltered his ears from the blast of 5.56 and the magnums.

FWIW, AKC has lowered the life expectancy of pure blood GSDs, it may be due to a relatively low gene pool...there are a LOT of GSDs who aren't making it to their 10th birthday...like Pax.

After Pax died, my wife and I took a short vacation, the house was so empty w/o him. We adopted two GSDs, a male and female, it's been great watching them become a pair. They've been with us nearly a month, it did not take long for the male to be named Joker. I'll introduce them in another post, they are now desert dawgs. :)

http://fedwellfarm.rescueme.org/#all1

Carrie Wright comes highly recommended as a great person who rescues dogs and gets them ready for adoption. :)                      

Please post pics of the new dogs! Thanks :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

We thought we were getting a dachund puppy. The guy who sold him to me said he was just big for his age.

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

image.jpeg

Best looking long legged Dauschound I've ever  seen.

Congrats!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NDcent said:

Only pics I have access to at the moment. The little bitch is a GSP & Springer Spaniel cross. The dog is GSP.

zzz7.jpg

For that alone I'd pee on your pillow when you don't look!

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rotn1 said:

Best looking long legged Dauschound I've ever  seen.

Congrats!

Thanks!

im glad my big dachund has longer legs because he weighs about 130 lbs now and is strong as a bull.

• Like 2