The World's Great Chefs...

Whenever I read articles about the latest food trends at the most exclusive restaurants and whenever they show pictures of the entrees created by the world's greatest chefs, it's always some tiny little portion ever-so-artistically arranged in the middle of a  large dinner sized plate.

Now I realize That there my be several courses to the meal, but what's always featured is the entree and it always makes me think of the Charles Dickens story, "Oliver twist".

more please sir.jpg

• Like 2

My wife shows horses and one of the trainers she used to use was always trying to arrange dinners at high end restaurants. One of them in Chattanooga was one of those where they brought out a plate with a little splash of whatever with whatever on it. I think it was about 9 courses, over almost 2 hours, or so I am told. I saw what was going on around me at other tables before they even took orders. I walked back to the hotel.

I am not nearly interested enough in food to put up with all of that. Besides that, I was kind of pissed of to begin with since I was told we were doing one thing and then "oh, lets stop here for dinner first"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jmohme said:

I am not nearly interested enough in food to put up with all of that. Besides that, I was kind of pissed of to begin with since I was told we were doing one thing and then "oh, lets stop here for dinner first"

I'm interested in eating. Not some hooty-tooty presentation of modern art. Presentation is for the pistol range and palukas. 

• Like 3