Picture posting

NPTim

I've been posting some online images to see how that works. I guess I need to upload a picture from my phone to see how that goes. Good a time as any.

Mina, named for Mina Harker, sister of the late Maggie, daughter of Tippy, aka The Angry Keg.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t20160918_122029.jpg Views:\t2 Size:\t176.5 KB ID:\t4035","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"4035","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

Second tab takes a few seconds, the first time I tried it said "no source url". Then suddenly the front tab populated, the image showed up, and bing bada boom, cat picture.

20160918_122029.jpg.991b930c7715a9f930f6b87dd529add5.jpg

20160918_122029.jpg.75a519fee8f9db97e720919d54f5ceca.jpg

Edited by RonS
edited to edit. Cause I like typing stuff.

Yeah, I'm struggling with it. I'm betting that it will improve as the site progresses along.

In six months, this place probably won't look anything like it does now, and people will be posting screen shots from 8/2017, saying, "Does anyone remember what theboresite used to look like?".

• Like 1

I just tried to upload a picture to the AR thread and got this:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tIMG_0701.PNG Views:\t2 Size:\t269.1 KB ID:\t5666","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"5666","data-size":"thumb"}[/ATTACH]

It was a single pic from my iPhone. :dunno:

IMG_0701.PNG.8a4c329f65a6e37fdaf7d24322cf84aa.PNG

IMG_0701.PNG.2d24850a3a43766948fd671f323c1850.PNG

Edited by Joe!
  • Like 1

It's a little wonky, but I had no trouble uploading pics. There is a 2mb limit on the size of the pictures though. If that's your problem, you will need to resize them down. Irfanview is what I have used for that for years. I've had it on machines going all the way back to Win98.

• Like 2

I just tried to upload a picture to the AR thread and got this:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tIMG_0701.PNG Views:\t2 Size:\t269.1 KB ID:\t5666","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"5666","data-size":"thumb"}[/ATTACH]

It was a single pic from my iPhone. :dunno:

I got that when I tried to cut and paste. I used Tinypic and it went right on.

It's a little wonky, but I had no trouble uploading pics. There is a 2mb limit on the size of the pictures though. If that's your problem, you will need to resize them down. Irfanview is what I have used for that for years. I've had it on machines going all the way back to Win98.

Me too. It's a very versatile program.

testing

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":6710}[/ATTACH]

The resized photo was saved on my hard drive. I clicked upload, navigated to the photo, clicked open. I clicked the "large" option to finalize the upload.

testing

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":6710}[/ATTACH]

It's beyond me. I can't alter it before I post it. But I can afterwards but it still retains that thumbnail. Oh well.