CAR GADGETS AVAILABLE

pipedreams

4 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Some of these are pretty good ideas.

I could use that tailgate ladder.

The first item they featured, the parking mats that you put on your garage floor to help you park at teh same place everytime and not run itho the front wall, My dad thought something up years ago that works works really good for that.

He would drill a hole through a Golf ball and run a string through it and suspend the Golf Ball from the garage ceiling over the windshield of the car or truck on the driver's side and when you parked, you'd just drive forward until you saw the Golf Ball coming towards you and stop when the Golf ball hit the windshield.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Borg warner said:

The first item they featured, the parking mats that you put on your garage floor to help you park at teh same place everytime and not run itho the front wall, My dad thought something up years ago that works works really good for that.

He would drill a hole through a Golf ball and run a string through it and suspend the Golf Ball from the garage ceiling over the windshield of the car or truck on the driver's side and when you parked, you'd just drive forward until you saw the Golf Ball coming towards you and stop when the Golf ball hit the windshield.

That's what I put in for my wife.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Borg warner said:

For 40 years I have had two short pieces of 2x4 bolted to the concrete.  It works for old full size cars and new smaller cars when placed properly.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, janice6 said:

For 40 years I have had two short pieces of 2x4 bolted to the concrete.  It works for old full size cars and new smaller cars when placed properly.

That works Just as well as the suspended golf ball and is maybe even better. What kind of fasteners did you use to bolt to the concrete?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

That works Just as well as the suspended golf ball and is maybe even better. What kind of fasteners did you use to bolt to the concrete?

I think it's just an alternative.  I used concrete lead anchors.  One in each board. I must admit that in Minnesota salt and snow during Winter the boards haven't rotted a bit.

• Like 1