Mike Tyson

Maser

36 minutes ago, Historian said:

He had class in his style.  Agree.  Mike is just a brutality. 

Yup.  Mike was a Machine.  It was about taking his opponent OUT.  IMMEDIATELY.  Screw "Style".  He just needed to hit you once in the Kidneys or the short ribs, or god forbid, the Jaw.  "Boxing" to Mike was, come out of the corner in round one, and Immediately take his opponents OUT IF they made it thru the round 1...His Same mentality was round 2.

D'Amato Knew what Mike was.  And...Taught him how to do what he did best...FAST.  

Peek-a-boot...Get inside, one hit... and BAM!!!  

If Ali beat Mike...he'd do it the way Sugar Ray Leonard, beat Hagler...Running away, with jabs.  Sugar Ray knew Marvin would have Killed him if he actually stood his ground and Fought.

13 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

If Ali beat Mike...he'd do it the way Sugar Ray Leonard, beat Hagler...Running away, with jabs.  Sugar Ray knew Marvin would have Killed him if he actually stood his ground and Fought.

Ali had good feet and was fast.    Just a different kind of boxer than Mike.

As you say.  Mike just went for the atomic option.  Hurt the man and take him down.

Can't remember how many fights he had that were under a minute.  But it was almost a joke.

For a while there ESPN was replaying some of the best of Ali.   Those fights are still great many years later.  Ali was an artist. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Back when Boxing was the "Sweet Science".

Mike's "Science" was...."I kill you"...

Right. 

I never thought Mike had the skills of other boxers.

He did, however, have the ability to hit the right spot hard enough to destroy a human being.  Get got there first with a punishing blow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Historian said:

Right. 

I never thought Mike had the skills of other boxers.

He did, however, have the ability to just the right spot hard enough to destroy a human being.  Get got there first with a punishing blow.

Isn't that...the "Sweet Science"?  It's a Fist Fight!!!  God knows I been in a few, and the Object is to END the fight!!  

I can remember my first Karate Tournament.  I said to my Sensi...Any Advice Sensi? 

He said..."Ummm...don't get hit".  There ya go. "Sweet Science".   Standin around...pokin at each other.  Yeah...**** that...

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

I can remember my first Karate Tournament.

In my first tournament,  I won the first round.

Not with skill,  but with blindly flinging appendages all around, willy nilly, all over,  in a spasmodic fit.

He cracked my rib in the second round.

That was my last tournament.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

I'm sure he could have.  He would just have "mind fucked" him.:anim_lol:

Mike would have instantly took his gloves off.

And if Bruce was stupid enough to let him grab him, he would have instantly be dead.

But that's all he could do.

Bruce could give him a one-inch-punch.

Mike wouldn't even feel it.

Four, or ten, spinning heel-kicks to the temples, would put Mike down.