9mm Sniper.....for Airgun shooters

Gunboat1

Ok, I was bored.  To spice up my daily marksmanship practice,  I decided to recreate a game I read about years ago.  Try it with your friends!  All you need is an air rifle and some 9mm shell casings.

A 9mm casing is .380" in diameter at the case mouth.  That equates to 1.9MOA  at 20 yards.  A human torso is about 19" wide....so subtends 1.9 MOA at 1000 yards.  

Therefore, a 9mm casing at 20 yards is just about the same size target as a human torso at 1000 yards.

Set a row of 9mm casings up on a sturdy horizontal support, or hang them by threads knotted through the flash holes once deprimed.

Practice 1000 yard sniping with your airgun for 2.6 cents a shot, in your own backyard.  (Yes, I know real long distance shooting is harder due to complicated factors including wind, barometric pressure,  humidity,  coriolis, etc.) This is sufficiently challenging as to be quite entertaining, and makes for a fun competition with your friends if you keep score.  Enjoy!

il_570xN.316517621.jpg

Edited by Gunboat1
  • Like 1

Ok, I was bored.  To spice up my daily marksmanship practice,  I decided to recreate a game I read about years ago.  Try it with your friends!  All you need is an air rifle and some 9mm shell casings.

A 9mm casing is .380" in diameter at the case mouth.  That equates to 1.9MOA  at 20 yards.  A human torso is about 19" wide....so subtends 1.9 MOA at 1000 yards.  
Therefore, a 9mm casing at 20 yards is just about the same size target as a human torso at 1000 yards.
Set a row of 9mm casings up on a sturdy horizontal support, or hang them by threads knotted through the flash holes once deprimed.
Practice 1000 yard sniping with your airgun for 2.6 cents a shot, in your own backyard.  (Yes, I know real long distance shooting is harder due to complicated factors including wind, barometric pressure,  humidity,  coriolis, etc.) This is sufficiently challenging as to be quite entertaining, and makes for a fun competition with your friends if you keep score.  Enjoy!
il_570xN.316517621.jpg.b6751d907159c5c2ba47a5050f7e4a73.jpg
I remember reading that too. [emoji41]

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

I got my .45 Tactical .177 Airsoft I shoot couple times a week.  It's got the "Blowback" and the weight of a regular colt commander. You can probably even get a good Airsoft of 350 FPS in Your own carry Piece.

I get the "Sight Look", twice a week, the "Blow back" feel...It's pretty damn accurate too.  Best I can do in my Home owners hood...but...Practice is Practice.  Just feel good holdin a good weighted gun.  It's the "Sight acquisition" practice I appreciate more than anything.  Just practicin  "Eyes on Sight"...with blowback.  Bout a buck and a quarter.

61cVjAqtoWL._AC_SL1200_.jpg