When your 401k makes 10% a year, and day traders make 1300% in one day

crockett

On 1/4/2021 at 9:36 AM, crockett said:

The problem why most give it back one day is the fact that this game doesn't allow a single mistake like that. You have to know yourself very precisely and listen to your emotions and how you feel.

Yes, this is why humans seem ill suited to the task. :crylikeender:

Are there bot day trading accounts (must be) and do they do better than humans?

I think of day trading rules like gun safety rules.  Follow them and no problem.  Yet there are always problems.  Rules are not the issue.

Do you ever hold investments?  Over the many years I've been doing this, and looking back at every trade, I've determined conclusively that my biggest losses are opportunity losses and not realized losses.  That is, selling positions too soon resuts in lots of money not gained.  

I cry when I look at my biggest one - AMD.  I owned 5k shares at $2.50.  All I had to do to make enough to buy a Ferrari is nothing, and I sold it all for a loss in 2015.  :cry:

Edited by Peng
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 8:44 PM, Peng said:

Yes, this is why humans seem ill suited to the task. :crylikeender:

Are there bot day trading accounts (must be) and do they do better than humans?

I think of day trading rules like gun safety rules.  Follow them and no problem.  Yet there are always problems.  Rules are no the issue.

Do you ever hold investments?  Over the many years I've been doing this, and looking back at every trade, I've determined conclusively that my biggest losses are opportunity losses and not realized losses.  That is, selling positions too soon resuts in lots of money not gained.  

I cry when I look at my biggest one - AMD.  I owned 5k shares at $2.50.  All I had to do to make enough to buy a Ferrari is nothing, and I sold it all for a loss in 2015.  :cry:

Algorith

6 minutes ago, crockett said:

This video would save many traders yet they don't know about the most obvious trap in the market, or they keep ignoring it due to their lack of patience. Then again, we need the steady influx of liquidity, so all is good. :)

So, what i know of this world, is remarkably little.  I trust someone to manage some of this form me...understanding that it's a mutual relationships. 

If i may ask:  Where did you receive your education in this topic?  Self taught?  Worked in the industry?

I find what you do very interesting.  Mostly because i am vastly under educated in this area.  

On 1/6/2021 at 10:03 PM, Historian said:

So, what i know of this world, is remarkably little.  I trust someone to manage some of this form me...understanding that it's a mutual relationships. 

If i may ask:  Where did you receive your education in this topic?  Self taught?  Worked in the industry?

I find what you do very interesting.  Mostly because i am vastly under educated in this area.  

It started back in 

• 3 months later...