Reflections

pipedreams

43 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

That is Seriously cool.  That's some very cool work in Windows Paint.  That was a Very limited program back in the day.  I did A LOT of landscape creations in programs like Terragen And View.  I did So many landscapes back in the late 90's.  Have you ever tried either of those Programs?  Terragen use to be Free.  Again Sir...That is Very Cool!!!  You should really take a look at Terragen, at least some Vids of how to use it.  I think you really might jump back into Creating if you can do something like THAT in Paint and Gimp!!!  Here's 2 I made 15 odd years ago in Terragen and Photoshop.

The Guardian 1280 Fotoframe Curvemeister.jpg

Driftwood.jpg

Thank you for the compliments and I like your work, too. I'll have to look into Terragen. But the reason I never used anything but Paint and GIMP was those basic programs made me work harder and made me have to get more creative to achieve the results that I wanted. I learned to do things with Paint and GIMP that most people wouldn't think was possible. and some effects that I created were one-offs that I was never again able to re-create and that made that particular image one of a kind.

One gallery owner that I wanted heer to display my work and sell it on consignment, agreed but told me that she had never liked digital art but she liked mine because it had what she called a "Painterly" quality to it, and she was a painter, and liked it for that reason.

And there are three reasons I never used Photoshop. One, because I could never figure out how to use it, At least nt to the point where I had total mastery over it, and two, because I considered it "cheating", and three, because I thought that everything that was done with Photoshop looked "Photoshopped", whereas my works looked more unique and individualized.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Borg warner said:

Thank you for the compliments and I like your work, too. I'll have to look into Terragen. But the reason I never used anything but Paint and GIMP was those basic programs made me work harder and made me have to get more creative to achieve the results that I wanted. I learned to do things with Paint and GIMP that most people wouldn't think was possible. and some effects that I created were one-offs that I was never again able to re-create and that made that particular image one of a kind.

One gallery owner that I wanted heer to display my work and sell it on consignment, agreed but told me that she had never liked digital art but she liked mine because it had what she called a "Painterly" quality to it, and she was a painter, and liked it for that reason.

And there are three reasons I never used Photoshop. One, because I could never figure out how to use it, At least nt to the point where I had total mastery over it, and two, because I considered it "cheating", and three, because I thought that everything that was done with Photoshop looked "Photoshopped", whereas my works looked more unique and individualized.

I hear ya about Photoshop.  I've been using it since 1997 I think.  I actually started out with "Paint shop Pro" on 4, 3 inch disks.  BTW, the name of that other Landscape Program is "Vue", not View.  The two renderings I posted, the Driftwood and the Elk were the only additions I used photoshop for.

Believe it or not, Terragen is still a Free download!  At least you could give it a Try.  Here's a link to the site.  https://planetside.co.uk/

It's really amazing how Lifelike the renderings in Terragen are.  Hope ya have a chance to give it a try.  Have a good weekend.:greensupergrin:

3 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

I hear ya about Photoshop.  I've been using it since 1997 I think.  I actually started out with "Paint shop Pro" on 4, 3 inch disks.  BTW, the name of that other Landscape Program is "Vue", not View.  The two renderings I posted, the Driftwood and the Elk were the only additions I used photoshop for.

Believe it or not, Terragen is still a Free download!  At least you could give it a Try.  Here's a link to the site.  https://planetside.co.uk/

It's really amazing how Lifelike the renderings in Terragen are.  Hope ya have a chance to give it a try.  Have a good weekend.:greensupergrin:

Thanks! Here's one other of my pictures just to demonstrate How I've been able to make a photograph look like a painting. The photo is one I took in 2009 in teh back yard of a an apartment I used to live in. The "Flower" is actually a weed that was growing among some half dead Juniper bushes. It bloomed and looked pretty for about 2 days and then started looking like a weed again. I caught it at jsut the right time.

%Flower collagezItem3.JPG

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Borg warner said:

Thanks! Here's one other of my pictures just to demonstrate How I've been able to make a photograph look like a painting. The photo is one I took in 2009 in teh back yard of a an apartment I used to live in. The "Flower" is actually a weed that was growing among some half dead Juniper bushes. It bloomed and looked pretty for about 2 days and then started looking like a weed again. I caught it at jsut the right time.

%Flower collagezItem3.JPG

That's really cool!  The colors are really Amazing.  Reminds me of Fractals.  (Photoshop Plugins).  I use to really be into those.  This is a picture I took of a Lion in the Amsterdam Zoo years ago.  I did a lot of work on the eye to make it look like he was dreaming of Freedom.  But, You...doing THAT in MS Paint...seriously dude...:worthy:

Dreams of Freedom.jpg

• Like 2