Reflections

pipedreams

This is a painting that I created digitally using an early version of windows Paint, drawing the skyline with the mouse and then copying it and flipping it to reflect the skyline in the lake.  Then I used a digital filter availblble from a program called GIMP to fade the colors of the water from light to dark.

The image is of lake Coeur d'Alene in North Idaho just across the border from where I live in Eastern Washington. The skyline was drawn at home from memory and not from a photograph and when I went to the lake to look at the skyline, it was an accurate reproduction.

This is something the ancient Chinese painters tried to do. They would go out and just stare at a landscape for hours and then set up their easel and canvas so that their backs were facing the landscape and try to paint from memory And no cheating allowed! Art was my best subject in high school and I was an art major in college but never got a degree an then went into the military back in 1969 and then in the early 70's tried to make a living as an artist but couldn't do it so I did construction work for the next thirty years. After I retired somebody gave me a computer and I learned to do what is called digital manipulation and got pretty good at it.

%Lake Coeur d'Alene-dlores1a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2021 at 1:53 PM, Borg warner said:

This is a painting that I created digitally using an early version of windows Paint, drawing the skyline with the mouse and then copying it and flipping it to reflect the skyline in the lake.  Then I used a digital filter availblble from a program called GIMP to fade the colors of the water from light to dark.

The image is of lake Coeur d'Alene in North Idaho just across the border from where I live in Eastern Washington. The skyline was drawn at home from memory and not from a photograph and when I went to the lake to look at the skyline, it was an accurate reproduction.

This is something the ancient Chinese painters tried to do. They would go out and just stare at a landscape for hours and then set up their easel and canvas so that their backs were facing the landscape and try to paint from memory And no cheating allowed! Art was my best subject in high school and I was an art major in college but never got a degree an then went into the military back in 1969 and then in the early 70's tried to make a living as an artist but couldn't do it so I did construction work for the next thirty years. After I retired somebody gave me a computer and I learned to do what is called digital manipulation and got pretty good at it.

%Lake Coeur d'Alene-dlores1a.jpg

That is Seriously cool.  That's some very cool work in Windows Paint.  That was a Very limited program back in the day.  I did A LOT of landscape creations in programs like Terragen And View.  I did So many landscapes back in the late 90's.  Have you ever tried either of those Programs?  Terragen use to be Free.  Again Sir...That is Very Cool!!!  You should really take a look at Terragen, at least some Vids of how to use it.  I think you really might jump back into Creating if you can do something like THAT in Paint and Gimp!!!  Here's 2 I made 15 odd years ago in Terragen and Photoshop.

The Guardian 1280 Fotoframe Curvemeister.jpg

Driftwood.jpg