The Swampfox Thread

Swampfox762

On 1/1/2022 at 11:52 AM, Swampfox762 said:

AVvXsEg-1qWTJNCQz89eDuoMl_aRbZZAXBBIoaFUWojydXmzh2naZUy1h9UxQxMplGq4p7KCv64XACECyTEOTWZxXEzaFiBo4DZs0Lk1nJ2IOJs1lU7wvqFDfWwXAlIO5tR1n-Al_XveuU2T0gRBF6Fpn7SBi6A9tQLTkMvcbexHSRDBpjaKBTPvV-6yCsMjOA=s828

I arrived in Albuquerque late one night.  It was cold.  I went to the rental car place at the airport.  The guy looked at me like I was going to mug him.  He asked me, "what do you want?".  I said, "I want to rent a car!".

He told me they just had a terrible Winter storm, and the roads were impassible!  I told him the roads I could see were fine!

He said, "Where are you from?".  I said, "Minnesota".  He walked me over and gave me the car keys.  He said, "If you're from Minnesota, you know how to drive on snow and ice.

I told him I only knew one thing about Winter driving.  "You can't stop on ice!"  He looked at me "funny/odd".

Then I crossed a bridge over the highway and watched the car ahead of me hit a large patch of ice on a totally clean asphalt road.  When the car got onto the ice, the brake lights came on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got to my hotel at the other end of town and walked into the entrance while a guy held the door for me.  He said, "How bad is it out there?".  I said it's fine if you don't try to stop on ice.............  Yep!  He asked me where I was from....................................

Now I knew what the car rental guy meant!

• Like 5