Dafaq? Y'all know about this?

gwalchmai

8 hours ago, Zonny said:

I was aware of that but they pin pointed the EXACT location. As in, knew where to dig? Is that possible? That's what the articles seemed to hint at. I didn't know it was that exact. 

There are many ways to interpret that data...and give you very reasonable locations based on mathematics.   Mostly response time and triangulation.

In many ways people have been doing this time of detection for probably 90 years.    Ham radio operators call it fox hunting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I have "location services" turned off,  and many apps say they won't work without it,  but I'm about 100% sure that Apple could tell me everywhere I've been for the last 15 years.

2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

And they can't say it if it ain't true...

Well you got me there. In addition to the above incorrect information potential it might also be the case that

a) just because my IPhone states that the time is 7:09 PM doesn't mean that is the correct time,

b) just because I get a message that is allegedly from my older brother doesn't mean that message is from my older brother,

c) just because I use Find My IPad app to find my IPad doesn't mean that someone hasn't switched my IPad for an FBI/NSA doctored IPad.

Hell, for all I know Solipsism might actually be an accurate construct and I could have created the internet, this website and all the other users here just to pass the time in the aether. 

• Like 1

I only have a very basic flip phone and I don't really know what an "AAP" is but I  hear people talking about them all the time. But one time I called AAA when I locked myself out of my car and I was giving them directions and they said they didn't need directions because they could track me by my phone.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 26isbest said:

Hell, for all I know Solipsism might actually be an accurate construct and I could have created the internet, this website and all the other users here just to pass the time in the aether. 

I have often theorized that you are all just an elaborate AI construct my wife had written to keep me occupied.

But you knew that...

• Haha 1