Another Dubai update

GlocknSpiehl

So, I'm a lot bored because no one o e is hiring here. Health wise I feel safer here than the US because they are being very strict on preventive measures and very proactive on testing.

The lockdown is strict. You cannot leave your residence without a pass. Period. The fine STARTS at US$10K. And loss of Visa. And deportation with no chance of return. Ever.

The pass is easy to get online, but you have to say your address and where you are going and how (walk, bike, car), the app then tells you when you can leave and was when you must be back home. You can only go grocery, pharmacy, gas station, food pickup.

Oh, and you MUST wear a mask and gloves. No more than ONE person per residence. You can get a work permit if you are one of the necessary services.

Traffic has gone from fairly heavy to virtually nada.

Delivery is available for everything, which is great. As I have a history of asthma, getting Covid at my age could be a bad thing.

Testing here is free. Anyone, and I mean anyone, can make a free appointment for a drive through test. However, if you are positive, you must self isolate, and they will check. If you get frank symptoms, they put you in one of the treatment cars.

So, instill looking for work, but th he agencies tell me that it will be a while. Guess I'll post some pics of the view from my current apartment.

8123ef32bee17e2eec3d1dd43980e8b2.jpg31039547e423c10c3879a92450a2e442.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Like 5