Your Mindset

2 hours ago, Mrs Glockrunner said:

janice6, I like snow.  I like chilly weather.  

I've come to realize I'm living in the wrong part of the country, weather wise, since I don't like hot and humid.  

Oh, well. . . . . .

Isn't it bizarre how our life choices always comes down to simply weighing the good and the bad.

I hate being cold and constantly moving snow around.  So I spent all my years while traveling around this country for my company,  Looking seriously for a better place than the one I was living in.

I found that among all the things I didn't like, or find acceptable, when I considered the acceptable compared to the unacceptable, the result was weighted in favor of accepting cold and it's resulting snow, for the advantage that  it killed most of the things in nature that might threaten or make me uncomfortable. 

I also had a discussion with some in Colorado, oddly enough, about their pride in the few lakes they had.   Up till then I hadn't realized just how much I enjoyed boating and water recreation that my state offered me just out my back door, or for that matter, anywhere within the state I might choose to go.

The end result of my years of looking for the best place to settle down surprisingly came to be the place I was already at.

Although for purely weather, both my wife and I loved the area around Albuquerque.

• Like 1