Honda Rukus Advice sought

UHLAWPUP

In a rare moment of weakness, SheWhoMustBeObeyed is repenting making me sell my Hooligan 170 motor scooter and thinks that a Rukus would be great for me to tool around the neighborhood and terrorize Metro buses with.  Before I spend three grand, is there anything I should know?  It’s small and light, and I can get the panels for it to make under seat storage.  And 30 mph is fast enough for me.  At my age, it’s the folks in their expensive SUVs that should be worried about ME.

Thoughts?

This was me a few years ago on my Hooligan, heading to the courthouse...

726220DB-AF5A-4059-9FED-143368473F02.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UHLAWPUP said:

In a rare moment of weakness, SheWhoMustBeObeyed is repenting making me sell my Hooligan 170 motor scooter and thinks that a Rukus would be great for me to tool around the neighborhood and terrorize Metro buses with.  Before I spend three grand, is there anything I should know?  It’s small and light, and I can get the panels for it to make under seat storage.  And 30 mph is fast enough for me.  At my age, it’s the folks in their expensive SUVs that should be worried about ME.

Thoughts?

This was me a few years ago on my Hooligan, heading to the courthouse...

726220DB-AF5A-4059-9FED-143368473F02.jpeg

Neat socks..................

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had thought about a Ruckus for me to haul my photo equipment around at horse shows, but just could't make myself spend that much money on one, especially since with age has come mass that I need to keep under control. So I bought walking shoes and a backpack instead.

But yes, the Honda Ruckus is a pretty cool utilitarian ride with lots of aftermarket support to make it into nearly anything to fit your needs.

Edited by jmohme
  • Like 1

Good to hear.  With my back and neck problems, I can't walk too far or stand still for too long.  She bought me a small electric scooter that folds up and fits in the back of the Jeep, but I think this will be perfect for short errands and to get me out of the house.  The Hooligan and their ilk is a bit big and heavy.  The Ruckus seems just about right.  So far.

• Like 1

a cousin of mine had a ruckus   only because he was a drunk  and could not drive ,   we had laws here that did not include anythin abou scooters ,mopeds etc  til few years ago the state made everyone who rides one they had to get insurance and pass a test.     before then we called  them   DUI 50'S    ,  dont see many anymore around here, 

9 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Neat socks..................

I was known for my socks.  At one point, the presiding judge would come to the court I was prosecuting in just to see what I was wearing.

Those are mild, compared to some I have.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UHLAWPUP said:

I was known for my socks.  At one point, the presiding judge would come to the court I was prosecuting in just to see what I was wearing.

Those are mild, compared to some I have.

I always had special socks and ties for every holiday when I was working.  Now I still wear my socks still for special events, the ties have been pretty much been retired.