Red Wing stopped production on model 4473

Fnfalman

I’ve been wearing the Red Wing model 4473 for years now.   Alas, Red Wing has halted production.  You can still buy it but they have to be made to order and the wait could be long. 

so I had to settle for the other model which is almost the same but brown and has speed laces instead of eyelets.  Don’t know how I feel about brown work boots. So weird to wear something different after 20+ years even though it’s really not that much different.   

90E3CB87-2F64-4F73-A0AF-D46C0C49F964_zps

7416E303-7F80-4158-AB19-AEC325099CD5.thumb.jpeg.851806003b45ac401eb8be98216a51bf.jpeg32BA8BB3-DAD9-4B5C-BE91-8A705E4C2527.thumb.jpeg.def06779e37164747130622148812124.jpegB6C2E230-DDBE-4C0E-BDA6-FEBF9C668A4B.thumb.jpeg.70b48b957509e48000e538245c802dfa.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Makes ya wonder who up in "corporate" makes decisions like this...and WHY?  Must be somethin about Black now days.  I have worn Panama Jack, Original Hats, for YEARS...in Black.  Must have bought 5-4 of them over the years. They usually last about 2 years before they start to really fade. 

Now, some corporate Guru, has decided to not make the hat in Black anymore!! Only Tan and White. I've called, wrote emails, even tried to order a couple special made!  Nope.

"Sorry". 

"Just another,... brick in the wall"....

• Sad 3

I wore 4465 every day at work for over ten years.  They didn't make them any more.  Bite me.

So I bought the tallest logger boots, steel toe, insulated, metatarsal, electrical, lasers, that thing that tells time.....

But I only wear them at certain sites.  I need a pair of more "regular" ones.

(I only get boots that have replaceable soles.  I fixed my old ones three times. (We have an old-timey shop that still repairs boots. I tried to talk the old guy into putting 2" thick logger soles on my "regular" boots,  but he just yelled at me in Italian and I got regular soles.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I wore 4465 every day at work for over ten years.  They didn't make them any more.  Bite me.

So I bought the tallest logger boots, steel toe, insulated, metatarsal, electrical, lasers, that thing that tells time.....

But I only wear them at certain sites.  I need a pair of more "regular" ones.

(I only get boots that have replaceable soles.  I fixed my old ones three times. (We have an old-timey shop that still repairs boots. I tried to talk the old guy into putting 2" thick logger soles on my "regular" boots,  but he just yelled at me in Italian and I got regular soles.)

My two other pairs of 4473 lasted 18-years with lots of resoles.  The leather finally cracked so I went with the third pair two years ago.  However I do need a backup pair and have to do the brown pairs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1