Quiz Time Folks... Power-X, What and where is it from??

DrB

I am vaguely familiar with power-to-X as a concept in electrical engineering.

Other than that, I am, as always, clueless.

Even if I had had a nap this afternoon, I would be just as clueless.

But, well-rested clueless.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Historian said:

o...you are saying my sister-in-law might be involved.

Yeah. She'd do that between natty lights.

No..  Guess again folks...  This can't be that hard.  Power-X..............

Dave..

Oh, yeah. It was HG's ultra-super-concentrated cleaner. It could be used for laundry, floors, windows, and babies. The best part was that Wells planned to sell it through a multi-level distribution organization in which private individuals would start by buying a small supply of the product and selling it to their former friends and relatives, recruiting new distributors as they saw the system's undeniable profit potential. Sadly, due to a lack of commitment by small-minded individuals (losers), "Wellsway" foundered and the concept was adopted by other famous millionaires.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Oh, yeah. It was HG's ultra-super-concentrated cleaner. It could be used for laundry, floors, windows, and babies. The best part was that Wells planned to sell it through a multi-level distribution organization in which private individuals would start by buying a small supply of the product and selling it to their former friends and relatives, recruiting new distributors as they saw the system's undeniable profit potential. Sadly, due to a lack of commitment by small-minded individuals (losers), "Wellsway" foundered and the concept was adopted by other famous millionaires.

Nice try but nope....  You ever be outside and look at the moon at night?  The plot thickens......

Dave..

2 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

H.G. Wells?  And, here I thought we were going to find out that the secret ingredient in Tide's power booster was actually dark matter.

Nope, but do you have the answer to the question? Yep H.G. Wells you did get that...

Dave..

8 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Hmm, HG Wells, the moon, and "how much Power-X"...

"First Men in the Moon", maybe, but they used Cavorite.

In "From the Earth to the Moon" the Frogs shot a shell with guncotton, but that was Jules Verne.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Well look at the big brain..... You solved it....... Hahaaa....

Dave...

4 hours ago, DrB said:

You ever look up at the moon at night?  Amazing sometimes.

Dave..

The Earth's magnetic pull not only influences our tides on a daily basis, but regulates the Earth's tilt and provides a means of stability in our seasons.  It is made of cheese. 

• Like 1