'What do you mean I hit someone?': Four times over the alcohol limit, Wisconsin driving instructor injured the principal during lesson

TBO

2 hours ago, TBO said:

https://amp.jsonline.com/amp/4424523002

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

He had a student in the vehicle with him.

We never learned drunken driving until after we had a valid driver's license.  Drunk driving is for properly licensed adults, never to be entrusted to children.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reminds me of an accident I responded to years ago.

Not a bad accident. No one seriously hurt. I was pretty sure the driver at fault had been drinking, but I didn't have anything definitive. There was the odor of alcohol, but he seemed pretty clear headed. No breathalyzer was available and field tests were mixed. He was close to passing most, but he was a really old guy who was shaken up by the accident so it was hard to say.

My gut told me he needed to be arrested, but I was worried he'd only end up blowing a 0.06 or something.

I made the arrest, but honestly doubted my own judgement the whole time. I took him in and had him tested on the machine, which of course, is now a good hour or more since the accident and he blows a 0.39!!! How this guy was even functional, let alone giving the appearance of being under control I will never know.

• Sad 2