Homeland Security Chief Orders Review Of State Laws Allowing Driver’s Licenses For Illegal Aliens

pipedreams

"Chad Wolf, the acting secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), ordered a review of state laws that allow illegal aliens to obtain driver’s licenses and restrict data sharing with federal immigration authorities.

In New York, in particular, numerous county clerks have expressed reservation over the fact that illegal aliens can obtain a driver’s license with foreign documentation — arguing that such a policy paves the way for voter fraud, identity theft, and even terrorism. DHS had already voiced its opposition to a provision in the New York law that prohibits Homeland security Investigations, a division of ICE, from accessing DMV information — even if the agency is investigating serious crimes.

“Never before in our history have we seen politicians make such rash and dangerous decisions to end all communication and cooperation with the Department of Homeland Security law enforcement,” Swift continued. “The Secretary is prepared to take every measure necessary to ensure the safety and security of the homeland and we look forward to the recommendations of our agents and officers in the field.” "

https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/01/dhs-review-drivers-license-illegal-migrants/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

"Chad Wolf, the acting secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), ordered a review of state laws that allow illegal aliens to obtain driver’s licenses and restrict data sharing with federal immigration authorities.

In New York, in particular, numerous county clerks have expressed reservation over the fact that illegal aliens can obtain a driver’s license with foreign documentation — arguing that such a policy paves the way for voter fraud, identity theft, and even terrorism. DHS had already voiced its opposition to a provision in the New York law that prohibits Homeland security Investigations, a division of ICE, from accessing DMV information — even if the agency is investigating serious crimes.

“Never before in our history have we seen politicians make such rash and dangerous decisions to end all communication and cooperation with the Department of Homeland Security law enforcement,” Swift continued. “The Secretary is prepared to take every measure necessary to ensure the safety and security of the homeland and we look forward to the recommendations of our agents and officers in the field.” "

https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/01/dhs-review-drivers-license-illegal-migrants/

Federal highway funds??????????????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, windowasher said:

Feds arm twisted States over transportation funds to force drinking age to 21

The problem is for the feds to know when to stop  forcing states to do things.  Government isn't known for their ability to balance need with reason.

• Like 1

We argued about this during the Clinton administration with the biggest issue being able to register to vote at the same time.  Your DMV could cross register you with your Supervisor of Elections.

I remember doing this in rural no-where South US...(exact location is an undisclosed Dick Cheney free-zone) and it was based on nothing more than my honest pledge that i was an American citizen over the age of 18 and my address was correct on my soon to expire DL.

Granted it was pretty clear i was in a uniform serving our state and nation...it was stupid easy.

God only knows how many illegals are registered to vote.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1