Vy Nodt

Mrs Glockrunner

It was a hot day in Minnesota. Helga hung the wash out to dry and then went into town to pick up her dry cleaning.  

"Gootness, its hotter den hell today," she mused to herself as she walked down Main Street. She passed a tavern and thought to herself, "Vy nodt."

She walked in and quietly took a seat at the end of the bar.

The bartender walked up to her and said, "And what would you like to drink today?"

"Vell, Ya know," Helga said in a timid voice, "I don't usually go into da bars, but today I vill make an exception. It iss zo hot, I tink I vill have myself a beer."

The bartender smiled at Helga and asked ,"Anheuser Busch?"

Helga blushed and said; "Vell, it's fine tanks, und how's yur viener?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Long ago an old timer was telling us war stories of WWI.  He was in the fledgling air force at the time.

He told of the time he was attacking the lone enemy fighter, and how he was coming out of the sun, a perfect aerial maneuver for success at the time.  

He was almost within firing range, when out of no where, he said this Fokker came up behind him firing his guns and putting holes in his wings.  He said it was all he could do to get away and survive the day!

One of the more astute listeners volunteered his knowledge for the benefit of all listening, and said, "He is referring to the German fighter known as a Fokker, famous for it's prowess in combat in WWI!

The old timer said, what you say is true, however, tis Fokker was a Messerschmidt!"

• Haha 3