Officer fired for harassment

ASH

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/indiana-cop-fired-after-stopping-black-customers-for-acting-suspicious/ar-BBX0toW#image=1              I have no idea after watching the video of this dude was on something.  At least. The other officer was professional  .I had to watch it 3times to try to figure out what his problem was. I mean circling a parking lot is now suspicious i reckon   he'll i circle looking for place to park lol

Edited by ASH

In all seriousness there's something that needs to be known if you're driving on a public road and you get pulled over for whatever reason and you pull that whole "I don't have to show my ID".  That's actually mostly wrong.  While you don't have to show ID, you HAVE to show a drivers license to prove you're legally allowed to drive a car.  Not only do you have to provide legal proof, but the cops are also required by their own traffic stop protocol to ask to see proof you can drive.  Sure they're also checking for outstanding warrants as well, but the bottom line is if you're driving on a public road, you HAVE to show you can legally drive.  PERIOD!  I'm not excusing cops who abuse their authority for non-cooperative traffic stops.  I'm just saying if you're gonna be quoting the laws to the cops, at least get them right so the cops look like the fools and not you.  

Now if you're just walking down the street and you're stopped, that's the time when you don't have to show proof of anything. 

Edited by Maser

33 minutes ago, Maser said:

In all seriousness there's something that needs to be known if you're driving on a public road and you get pulled over for whatever reason and you pull that whole "I don't have to show my ID".  That's actually mostly wrong.  While you don't have to show ID, you HAVE to show a drivers license to prove you're legally allowed to drive a car.  Not only do you have to provide legal proof, but the cops are also required by their own traffic stop protocol to ask to see proof you can drive.  Sure they're also checking for outstanding warrants as well, but the bottom line is if you're driving on a public road, you HAVE to show you can legally drive.  PERIOD!  I'm not excusing cops who abuse their authority for non-cooperative traffic stops.  I'm just saying if you're gonna be quoting the laws to the cops, at least get them right so the cops look like the fools and not you.  

Now if you're just walking down the street and you're stopped, that's the time when you don't have to show proof of anything. 

well once its  a bad stop  anything after that  i would do the same , if there is no legal suspicion  to stop  you do not have to give your id  or any information . even the right  cop said that at at end of video .  the problem is to much discretion is given , it is way to abused and sooner or later courts or supreme court is gonna have to look into changing the way its  articulated . every state is different is some form or fashion , they need to make a law that spells it out and is the same in all 50 states  , you can look up 100 cases and they all gonna say something different 

now if you come up on a check point charlie   you do have too .    

tenor.gif

Edited by ASH

After Jones called for backup, an Indianapolis police officer arrived and spoke with Jones near the car. After a short conversation, Jones told the men they were free to go, but refused to give his name and walked away. The Indianapolis officer told the men he didn’t know Jones, but that he saw no reason why they had been stopped, and that Jones was required to identify himself. 

Jones was reportedly off duty at the time and had been working security at Nordstrom Rack. 

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/indiana-officer-fired-suspicious-black-profiling-115229905.html

Edited by PATCHMAN
  • Like 1

Yeah, I get that the news media needs to sell headlines so it's easier for them to report on Jones rather than the Indianapolis cop who showed up and took care of the situation.  Tail wagging the dog situation and all that but that's what sells. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mike said:

This stuff happens everyday where I live, the shocking part is seeing somebody actually get fired for it. If it happened in Michigan, Jones would be at a new department by the end of the week.

Damn. Local officer here got fired for severely kicking a small dog a number of times and neighbor recorded it. One thing I like about our sheriff he doesn't put up with bullshit

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PATCHMAN said:

Yeah, I get that the news media needs to sell headlines so it's easier for them to report on Jones rather than the Indianapolis cop who showed up and took care of the situation.  Tail wagging the dog situation and all that but that's what sells. 

Well no offense but if Jones had done his job correctly. No other officer would be needed. There would be no video and it would have never happened to be in the news. But because he wanted to be a dick. He got his.                                                                                                                     Out of that whole video in shocked he didn't say I smell Mary jane

Edited by ASH

8 hours ago, ASH said:

Damn. Local officer here got fired for severely kicking a small dog a number of times and neighbor recorded it. One thing I like about our sheriff he doesn't put up with bullshit

The Sherriff here takes "political" donations and the high bidders get badges to be "Reserves" without ever having to actually show up to be a reserve. A few counties in the state do this. The nice thing is that once you get that badge you can carry anywhere a cop does within the state, that is how our CPL is set up.

I can't sink that low to even be associated with that type of fuckery, because then I am no better than they are. 

Here is the first story I found, a village of less than 300 had 150 reserve officers. There have been one or two other that got "caught" but numerous others still run business as usual.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/03/03/oakley-police-department-reserve-officers/24287643/