Switching from iPhone to Android

GlocknSpiehl

Android is all I've ever used and hate having to try and do anything with my moms Iphone.

It will be considerably different but the same. Th Android system is really hard to beat, and won't own your soul in the way Apple wants to.

Google is great, but has it's own quirks, so take it FWIW.

Happy Shopping

• Like 2

It's tough switching from any system to another, but having used both I'll take android every time.

Nothing "wrong" with the iPhone OS, just personal preference.

After you adjust to Android I'll bet you will enjoy how configurable it is.

Best of luck.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

• Like 3

If you make the switch, be prepared for a few days of confusion / frustration.  The phones have different interfaces.  It takes a little getting used to.  To me it was worth the switch.

I prefer android.  I was never a fan of being locked into the proprietary world of Apple.

Oh yeah, if you purchased anything from iTunes; it may not work on a non-Apple platform.  That was one of my motivations to get away from AAPL.  Back in the day, I bought a bunch of music from iTunes.  When my iPod died, I had nothing to play my music on.  I don't know how things are today, but back then iTunes music wouldn't play on a standard MP3 player. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MtnBiker said:

If you make the switch, be prepared for a few days of confusion / frustration.  The phones have different interfaces.  It takes a little getting used to.  To me it was worth the switch.

I prefer android.  I was never a fan of being locked into the proprietary world of Apple.

Oh yeah, if you purchased anything from iTunes; it may not work on a non-Apple platform.  That was one of my motivations to get away from AAPL.  Back in the day, I bought a bunch of music from iTunes.  When my iPod died, I had nothing to play my music on.  I don't know how things are today, but back then iTunes music wouldn't play on a standard MP3 player. 

As recently. or as long as, seven years ago, iTunes could be configured to work on an MP3 player. A friend did several for us on our project. It took him the better part of the two week hitch to get it done the first time, after that it was still a labor of love, but he knew how. The sad part is, he put all that music into iTunes. Apple will "enhance" music and although a fantastic feature, they claim it for themselves. It was very clear they didn't want the music on a non-apple device. The guy was one of our IT guru's, so it wasn't like someone like,,,,oh,,,,,,me, who knows just enough to be dangerous. LOL

Edited by LostinTexas
  • Like 2