Glock customer service

jmohme

After a bit over 10,000 rounds through my Gen 3 G19 that I bought new in 2011, I began to experience FTE's on a semi regular basis. 

A full detail strip and clean did nothing. I would get at least one FTE per magazine, so I packed it up and sent my old 19 and four magazines back to the mother ship.

It came home while I was away on business, so I just laid hands on it today.

The first thing that I noticed, is that while I did not ship it to them in the original box, it did get sent back to me in a new OEM box complete with a new owners manual and cleaning brush. Also in the package was a work order with a long list of pins, springs, and other assorted parts. Also they sent new replacement magazines for each of the four that I sent them. And not a penny charged to me to refurb my 6 year old Glock!

I had heard that this was how Glock handled things, but this is my first time to experience it.

• Like 5

On the other hand, when I hear all these glowing stories about how great a gun company's customer service is it makes me wonder a bit about why so many people are using their customer service to get their guns fixed. I've owned well in excess of thirty different Glocks over the years and never once had any need to contact Glock's customer service for a single issue. So, yes, I guess I like Glock's customer service too because I never have to use them after they serve me a Glock. :)

Edited by JJHNSN

I wondered if that question would come up.  :D

On one occasion, I called Glock to ask for upgrade parts for a friends gun.  They sent them at no charge.

Another instance I can recall was when I called them about a new Gen 4 G19 back that had the original Gen4 recoil spring that was too heavy.  They sent me the newest ejector and recoil spring at no charge.

Edited by JohnKSa

• 4 weeks later...

Must be nice; every customer service interaction I've had with firearms and firearms parts manufacturers has been negative.  S&W, Lone Wolf, and Storm Lake.  It's odd since the other customer service interactions I've had with non-firearm related companies has been positive.  I worked in customer service for a few years so I know how crappy of a job it is.  Maybe that's why I know what good customer service looks like.

S&W rep telling me that 12" groups at 20yds is acceptable is not good customer service.  Keeping my pistol for two months only to replace the bad barrel with another physically flawed barrel is also not good customer service.

Getting a barrel back filthy after sending it in spotless and no note on what they did or what the results were is not good customer service.

I sent an email to Storm Lake after I installed their new barrel in my G19 and the accuracy decreased with all loads so far.  In the email, I explained that my accuracy was worse than with the stock barrel and what bullet weight they recommended for their barrels.  The response was a single sentence that basically said their barrels are designed to work with all bullet weights.  That was it.  No offer to check out the barrel, no suggestions on break in, no apology, nothing.

I've heard mixed reviews about Ruger's customer service.  Apparently, they are always helpful and nice and get guns back pretty quickly, but they also have a habit of not fixing the issue the first time.  That and a lot of Rugers are going back to Ruger for repair.

I sent an email to Storm Lake after I installed their new barrel in my G19 and the accuracy

decreased with all loads so far.

Glock standard barrels are actually pretty accurate. 

http://www.victorygunblog.com/blog/barrelrace17  (Unfortunately this link is now defunct, but here's some comments I made on another forum while the results were still available.)

Out of 11 barrels tested, the stock Glock barrel was #5 on the list. But that's not the real story. The most accurate barrel in the test outshot the stock Glock barrel by only 0.58 inches at 25 yards. Yup--only about half an inch improvement in overall group size at 25 yards.

The Glock barrel averaged 2.5 inch groups at 25 yards. The best results from ANY of the barrels averaged 1.92 inches at 25 yards. I guess if you're consistently shooting really good groups at 25 yards, you could see a small improvement from a good quality drop-in "match" barrel. But not from just any of them. In fact, the test results show that most of the other barrels (6 out of 10) tested were actually LESS accurate than the stock barrel.

And don't expect a big difference. Out of the top 8 barrels tested, the overall difference from the best to the worst out of the top 8 was only 0.83 inch improvement in the average 25 yard group size.

And just one more thing. With one type of ammo tested, the stock barrel actually outshot all but ONE of the other barrels tested. Before spending money on a new barrel, it might be very worthwhile to just test a few different loads through the gun you already have. In this case, with this particular loading that it seemed to "like", the Glock barrel averaged 1.82 inch groups at 25 yards.

For my money, the vast majority of shooters are better off spending their money on range fees, ammo and targets and their time practicing. Others may tell you different--just make sure they aren't trying to sell you something.

On September 26, 2017 at 5:52 PM, JJHNSN said:

On the other hand, when I hear all these glowing stories about how great a gun company's customer service is it makes me wonder a bit about why so many people are using their customer service to get their guns fixed. I've owned well in excess of thirty different Glocks over the years and never once had any need to contact Glock's customer service for a single issue. So, yes, I guess I like Glock's customer service too because I never have to use them after they serve me a Glock. :)

If you sell enough of any product, some are going to have issues.

I currently have three Glock's. This is the first one that has ever given me any problems, and Glock took care of it even though it was clearly out of warranty, and in all honesty, I think I caused the problem in the first place.