Clown Show Part Deux

Ricordo

Or as we fascists call it, the Clown Show Part Zwei.

For those of you unable to tune in or who decide to tune out, as a public service we present a synopsis of the spectacle.

Ein) You might not know it but you are a ---ist and/or a ---phobic.

Zwei) Orange man bad.

Drei) Free, free, free, free...

Sieg Heil! And happy dreams...

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2019 at 11:37 AM, Moshe said:

What fakakta bissel is this?

That's the first time I've seen that word in print until recently.

I know the common Yiddish words like schlep and putz etc etc, but this one was a mystery to me until recently.  I used to watch the Big Bang Theory and there was a Jewish mother on there who would say something what sounded like ficassa to me, usually in the context of something that was shitty or stupid.  Fakakta is actually a mis-pelling of the word verkakte which means exactly that.

Aaaaanyhow...carry on lads.

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2019 at 6:41 PM, Ricordo said:

The second round of the democratic candidates' debates are this week, Moshe.

With all of our favorite characters, like Joey the whiteface and BertandErnie from the Muppet Show.

Fun for the whole family.

Ah, I see.  I have been patently avoiding them.  If I wanted to see stupid, I would watch the Office with my daughter who adores the idiocy that is part and parcel of that show.

• Like 1

I have been patently avoiding them. 

What? And miss out on  all the fun!

Btw, Moshe. Been reading the medical threads (Part 1 and Part 2).  Take care, brother. Calm down. Take a deep breath. Probably two.  Be safe.

Edited by Ricordo
Parts

This is simply a contest to see who can promise more free stuff for votes.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the Public Treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the Public Treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy always followed by dictatorship.”  Alexander Fraser Tyler, “The Decline and Fall of the Athenian Republic”

”It's illegal to say to a voter “Here's $100, vote for me.” So what do the politicians do? They offer the $100 in the form of Health Care, Social Security, Unemployment Insurance, Food Stamps, tobacco subsidies, grain payments, NEA payments, and jobs programs.“
Don Farrar - average guy, age 51

”If you protect a man from folly, you will soon have a nation of fools.“
- William Penn

Edited by janice6
  • Like 3

Let me put it this way, Moshe.

Whenever I have to write a letter of legal content, I go first through two or three drafts. When the "final" draft is done, I let it simmer for a day or two. Then I read it again.

Invariably, I catch some misspellings and other stuff that need to change, for clarity's sake. Don't want to leave the wrong impression.

More often than not, I misspell mother--cker and son-of-a-b--h. Granted, some folks might take that the wrong way. Accordingly, I'm usually very careful of the content of my words.

Capisce?

On 7/31/2019 at 11:22 AM, Ricordo said:

What? And miss out on  all the fun!

Btw, Moshe. Been reading the medical thread.  Take care, brother. Calm down. Take a deep breath. Probably two.  Be safe.

I am doing my best.  Chronic agony does make a person techy.  But, as to who is the Dem to rise from the shark pit interests me little until I know who is the big shark that ate all the little sharks.  When it is whomever vs. the incumbent  I will pay attention.  When it is anyone's game it is just exhausting.  I am irritated with the current POTUS over mishandling the 2A, but it seems every other alternative is worse.  It is hard to get excited about the process as the Amendments erode away and become something only on paper.  It is more, well, just depressing.  The more I catch these debates, the more I just want to check out of society, not see a neighbor for miles.  I am certain if I left for 10 years and lived under a rock, if I drifted back in I would find society in even worse shape than it is today.  Reading FOX news, mans inhumanity to man and beast seems to be expediting from what it was just a couple of years ago.  The writing seems to be written on the wall for the tatters of what used to be a civilized society.  Obama was the country's race to the bottom.  It is going to take years to untangle those chords, if ever.