Back From San Antonio

Moshe

Not a great deal has changed in 19 years.  The water is still a putrid green at the River Walk.  A street preacher (a new one) was screaming at everyone, at about the same spot.  Ripley's has expanded to make some more money.  I got the back freight elevator tour, lots of steps and I don't get along.  The wax museum had some updates.  Also, against popular rumor the Alamo is not being moved, if anything they are expanding it and making it a park.  The scooter bikes were new with GPS tracking, that would be easily disabled.  Saw one Sociopath on something with dead eyes.  He met my gaze, and found other people he would rather mess with.  A .45 ACP tends to put a damper on a disordered head.  Other than the Rain Forest Café trying to imitate Dick's on the River Walk, the only real change was hauling the teenagers with us.  The pets are being retrieved from the Vet boarding now.  I am hoping my GSD got a good OFA report, as he is old enough to stud and he has a good pedigree. 

• Administrators

Locals do not go to the River Walk until someone visits :)   There is nothing wrong with it. It is certainly fun and impressive, but it is mostly a tourist attraction.   It has grown and sprawled so much that there are now "non" tourist areas.  

I have lived a lot of places and I have been all over the world.  The San Antonio area is not perfect and not for everyone, but it is home.  I love it...mostly. 

One of the coolest things going on, is they are turning most every creek into a park with clear and paved paths.   It is getting to the point that you can walk end to end and side to side and loop around.  It includes the River walk.  Functionally the River Walk will eventually wind throught the entire city.  Keep in mind, San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the U.S. 

https://www.sa2020.org/blog/environmental-sustainability/exploring-the-greenway-trails/

The map gives you a sense of the scale. 

http://www.sa2020.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/GREENWAYS-BROCHURE-UPDATE-4-30-13.pdf

20417_thumbnail-1024.jpg

• Thanks 2