Resarching Until Overwhelmed

Moshe

So far this year I am looking to add a .308 to the fold.  I like two so far.  Daniel Defense Ambush or the Springfield m1A CQB.  My turn off about the Springfield is the noise associated with the compensator.  My understanding is that can be replaced by the flash hider.  Daniel Defense runs higher in price, the Springfield I have been wanting for awhile.  It has a lower price point.  Then again, getting 20 round M1A reliable mags might be a PITA and Magpul Pmags are easy to find.  I have half a dozen for my 6.5 CM already.  

So, I guess I will have to decide by the end of the year.

Edited by Moshe

I am thinking about that soon, but a semi-auto 7mm08 is talking to me.  Maybe because I miss hunting.  I can't get the .308 out of my mental scape though.   Not having a .308 feels like something is just missing.

13 hours ago, ASH said:

DD.      I have few DD ar's   And sbr blackout.   DD. Makes one of the best rifles period.  

I have heard that.  The price tag seems to reflect that as well.  Of course I like the Ambush if I can find in in Highland Kryptek at the end of the year.  I was simultaneously watching the SA CQB and noticed no one could give me a group over 50 yards.  I can do that well will my Arsenal 7.62x39.  Though, I like the looks to the shorty SA M-14, there is something to be said about longer distance accuracy.  

I have heard good things about DD.  I wrote them the other day, and received a very nice response that they are coming out with a whole series of different calibers, but no promises on the ambush colors, like my favorite Highland Kryptek.  I like it because it is universal.  But, I had that done to a rifle after the fact 6.5 CM.  I noticed that the Savage bolt on .338 Lapua has dramatically dropped in price.  Probably due to ammo prices.  The caliber is a preferred LD sniper in the sandbox.  But, I am sure, they have better toys.  But, you can't beat a .308 for mid range stopping power.  My 6.5 CM can take game or man from a LD, and shoots really flat.  I use my Colt M-4 Civilian .223 and my Arsenal 7.69x39 for middle range and CQB,  But, a .308 is a helluva cheaper round to obtain than an .338 Lapua.  Nothing Fancy bagged on the DD  .308 for the weight.  That makes me wonder if they are revamping their DD5 series due to the negative review he gave of weight and that it is only eats high performance ammo reliably.  The only steel case I use is in the AK, so, I don't think that would be an issue.