Stung while riding my Victory

Took my Victory out for a ride yesterday. Barely got out on the highway and felt something go between my shorty helmet and head. Figured it was a bug. Felt it crawling around by my ear. Stop at an intersection and jam my finger in trying to mash it. Nope. A bee and it stings me on the head. Then makes it's way out and flies off. Bastard. Was a good ride anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Took my Victory out for a ride yesterday. Barely got out on the highway and felt something go between my shorty helmet and head. Figured it was a bug. Felt it crawling around by my ear. Stop at an intersection and jam my finger in trying to mash it. Nope. A bee and it stings me on the head. Then makes it's way out and flies off. Bastard. Was a good ride anyway. 

As a teen riding my Vespa in pre helmet days, felt something hit my head. Figured I had been bird bombed. Ran my hand through my hair, and brought it out with a wasp stinging away. The thing flew off and my hand swelled to the size of a catchers mitt. Or so it seemed at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

As a teen riding my Vespa in pre helmet days, felt something hit my head. Figured I had been bird bombed. Ran my hand through my hair, and brought it out with a wasp stinging away. The thing flew off and my hand swelled to the size of a catchers mitt. Or so it seemed at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends don't let friends ride Vespas.

• Haha 2

Long, long ago,  I was riding across Texas in the middle of the night.  After many hours,  I stopped along some deserted highway to stretch and I had a couple beers.  Feeling refreshed,  I trucked on.

Only I had put my helmet down in a den of fire ants.

It took a minute before the first one went off and, as you know, the other million instantly followed.

Once they're in your helmet,  they're in there for a couple days.

I've snagged hornets inside my helmet way too many times, gotta keep your concentration while they're stinging the hell out of you until you can stop and get the brain bucket off.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

Long, long ago,  I was riding across Texas in the middle of the night.  After many hours,  I stopped along some deserted highway to stretch and I had a couple beers.  Feeling refreshed,  I trucked on.

Only I had put my helmet down in a den of fire ants.

It took a minute before the first one went off and, as you know, the other million instantly followed.

Once they're in your helmet,  they're in there for a couple days.

Somewhere on a desert highway. She rides a Harley Davidson.